Buying a watch for son

deleted2506931's avatar deleted2506931
Posted 29th May 2023
Does anyone know a site to that has a good selection of watches? I want to buy one for my son's 21st it won't be an expensive watch that will last for ever as I can't afford that but I want to spend £200 tops but a lot less than that if I can ideally it would be about £100.He wants a quartz watch with a medium sized face and a leather strap .If anyone can point me towards brand that's reliable and a good place to look I would appreciate it
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    MonkeyMan90
    I own 2 citizen eco drive and they're fantastic watches. They're my recommendation
    Mrcrazyman69
    Do you know what he wants it to look like? For example dress watch, diver etc. I generally suggest avoiding the "fashion brands" such as Hugo Boss, Armani etc. If you want a watch for practicality in that price point go with Citizen. Their Eco-Drive range always seems to get great reviews. I don't own any particular model so can't recommend which to buy, but they are readily available at most watch shops. Give this website a browse Link

Don't forget to use discount codes if you do buy from there - they always seem to have codes available. (edited)
    Anonymous User Author
    Hi yes I agree with you about the fashion brands, the watch would be something that he would wear with casual clothes so nothing elegant like a dress watch I suppose..Thanks for the advice about Citizen I shall have a look.
    SaturdayGigs
    Another vote for citizen eco watch here
    MicroManaged
    Citizen or Seiko at that price and you can't go wrong.
    Mr.Plow
    I know you said leather strap but these with metal straps look good to me.

This from Argos
    hotukdeals.com/dea…797

And these two I've found from the selection H Samuel sell, there are a few more to look at in your price range you need to use promo code HSMVC15 for 15% discount to get for £127.49 each

hsamuel.co.uk/cart (edited)
    Anonymous User Author
    Thank you
    bob-mk2
    In case you didn't know: you can buy a watch with a metal bracelet and easily swap that out for a leather strap yourself.

Casio Edifice are also a good quartz bet and there are lots of variety of faces from simple to complicated

50270233-I5gV9.jpg
    Their metal bracelets are usually fairly cheap and cheerful, which is an advantage to you as your money is being spent elsewhere in the construction, so a strap swap is a great hack. (edited)
    Anonymous User Author
    Thanks that's a good idea,I must admit I do like Casio Edifice,I've got one myself
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants