Cheapest 4g smart watch

Posted 19th May 2023
Hi. I want a watch to track my running and play Spotify to wireless ear buds. Guess I need 4g? Unless you can download Spotify offline? I don't want to take my Fold 4 running!

Budget is cheap as possible, happy to buy used. Nothing Apple
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Willy_Wonka
    A little word of warning. For Samsungs at least, when connected to a network & with Bluetooth running as well the battery life will be awful.
    wrcallar Author
    Only needs to last about an hour?
    Heed20
    You can download Spotify playlists to an Android Wear watch and don't need data to track a run, just a GPS signal. Plus if you're trying to save money an e-sim for a watch will cost around £7 a month on top of your normal phone contract.
    wrcallar Author
    Thanks. Perhaps this is the best plan. I didn't realise you had to pay for the sim, I swear my misses had a 4g apple watch and she didn't have to pay monthly

So what sort of watch should I buy? I literally don't care about any other features as I won't wear it other than for running (edited)
    Uridium
    Have a look at Ticwatch 3 Pro.
    Usually plenty of good cheap ones from Amazon Warehouse or CEX.
    jakeyjakey
    Garmin allow you to download Spotify playlists directly to the watch.

If it’s for running and fitness tracking more than smart features like apps I would highly recommend Garmin as the battery life and is far superior than apple / android. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants