Merlin Pass - Best deal

Posted 14th May 2023
We’ve decided this year to visit a few Merlin sites this summer.
Thankfully as we live in a Scotland, we can holiday when it’s quieter during the week and avoid most of the busy days.
To that end I’m trying to figure out the most cost effective way for us to visit.

Discovery passes I can get for £89 but will exclude us from just about every weekend.
Silver is about ideal but makes it £600 for the 4 of us.
Then the option of switching 1 pass for Gold. To get free parking and discounts. Now £660. Though their booking system splits up tye bookings per pass.

Another option is as we are likely to visit Legoland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers and maybe a couple of the London attractions. Would I be better with a Gold Pass and then use the 5 Friends and Family passes.

I know Merlin gets a bad press and it’s not all rosey. I’d at least like the kids to experience the UK offerings before we start doing foreign holidays with them.

Anyone have any suggestions? Am I way of track with the Gold pass idea?
Community Updates
New Comment

1 Comment

's avatar
    jon81uk
    Add up the cost of individual tickets for the attractions at the online prices, or using the codes from Kellogg's boxes and check it is actually better to get the annual pass. Although if you decide to risk the food in the park then the pass would give a discount. But better/cheaper to bring packed lunch.

You might find the at £68 for two at Alton Towers, £64 for two at Thorpe, £66 for two at Legoland etc with the Kellogg codes its not actually cheaper with annual pass if you only go once. Although if you do most of the London attractions as well then it probably is worth the annual pass.
    Parking costs have gone up so you might find it worth getting one pass that includes it if you are driving, but once to each park might only be around £30 in parking charges (AT & Thorpe is £8, Legoland £10).
Discussions
Top Merchants