Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Nothing Phone (2), Some Confirmed Specs

Posted 19th May 2023
The Nothing Phone (2) has all but been fully leaked and Carl Pei was on twitter yesterday to confirm a major key detail HEREif you are interested

From Carl below

There has been a lot of discussion ever since we announced that Phone (2) will have a Snapdragon 8 Series chipset. Well here's some news - it’s going to be the premium-tier powerhouse Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1. A clear upgrade from Phone (1). Let’s talk about the key differences

Performance boost: Initial tests show that app opening speed on Phone (2) is TWICE as fast compared to Phone (1), with an impressive 80% overall performance improvement. It’s looking very promising!

Beyond performance: Opting for a Snapdragon 8 Series rather than 7 Series brings significant improvements across the board including battery life, network connectivity, and camera capabilities, among others. It's not just about speed – it's about the complete package

4137632_1.jpg
Next level camera: The Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 features an 18-bit Image Signal Processor (ISP) capable of capturing over 4,000 times more camera data than the ISP used on Phone (1). As a result, the Phone (2) camera offers advanced features like Raw HDR and 4K recording at 60 fps.

Built for excellence: We chose the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 for a reason. Manufactured on TSMC's 4nm process, it’s best-in-class when it comes to power consumption and heat management. No debate her

Tested to perfection: The Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 has been thoroughly tested and continuously optimised through numerous updates since its introduction a year ago. We prioritise user experience over being first in the specs race.

Sometimes the latest technology comes at a cost which isn't always justified from a user benefit standpoint. Choosing Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 ensures that Phone (2) remains accessible while delivering a significantly improved experience compared to Phone (1).

The phone will also have 12GB RAM, and 256GB storage at least, with a 5k battery

Nothing Phone (1) launched at £399 for the 128GB 8GB version, if they go along the same lines, I think this phone will be pretty competitive, with the hope price decreases from the usual sites (GiffGaff i am looking at you )

Excited for it?!
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    strooptick
    Hopefully the price is a lot more competitive this time around 😄
    LaurenceGough
    The leaked prices doesn't look very competitive (edited)
    Rudz
    Phone 1 was excellent but gave it up due to the crappy camera, they will have a winner on their hands with better camera
    Xxavier
    "Nothing" or "Something" ?

Ok.. Anything
    jaju123
    Honestly looks good and might be worth a try this time. The interesting question will be the camera setup and quality.
    Tired.Ben.Affleck
    Nice but anything above 459/499 will make this phone a no from a day 1.
    Ankur_Bhadra
    Although the specs look great, I feel the price rise will be steep compared to nothing phone 1. Also 70% of nothing team is of ex OnePlus so expect a very polished OS going ahead.
    cowtc
    This thread makes me think I have two notifications
    Interested in this but the price will be the deciding factor, so hope it's like the (1) but have reservations
    samatshu
    700 for a mediocre camera, hell naw
    Wongy111

50212178-90VSZ.jpg

Shak5
    But multiply it by 2
    Msx98
    Screen size? 6.5 again?
    MrSwitch Author
    hopefully not
's avatar
Discussions