Roaming/eSim Deal for America Travel

Posted 19th Apr 2023
Hi there.

I am travelling to New York next week for 7 days and wanting to know if there are any good roaming deals for data?
I am currently with Vodafone and they charge £6.85/day for roaming.

I was thinking perhaps I could get a eSim for a week, but wanted to know your thoughts on what to do and what would be cost effective?
I don't think usage would be heavy, but mostly keeping up to date with Whatsapp and using maps a good bit to get around. Log into wi-fi when available and in the hotel.

Thanks in advance,
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    sm9690
    Three PAYG includes US roaming.
    AndyRoyd
    Compare e-sim options against:
    currently £9.25 shifted directly by Amazon for a physical 3 PAYG SIM with inclusive 30days unlim calls+SMS plus 10GB data allowance bundle where all can be used in USA.
    Activate prior to departure.
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…14/
    steve1221
    I always use Three, but beware. If you use a lot of data, the network over may log you out for a while. I happened to me a couple of years back.
    harrythefish
    I used an Airalo eSIM last time, bought 3GB/30 days for $11, used much less than 1GB of it since there was WiFi everywhere indoors. You'd probably be fine with the 1GB/1 week for $4.50.

airalo.com/uni…sim

It's handy keeping your UK SIM in the phone, with roaming turned off, for any SMS messages like 2 factor codes.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants