So is YouTube premium worth having

Posted 7th May 2023
Thinking about taking the plunge but not sure if its worth paying another subscription. I do watch youtube and the adds get on my nerves but still any more outlay has to be justified
Community Updates
New Comment

36 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    fancellu
    revanced

On chrome windows I use uBlock Origin. Zero adverts (edited)
    SudarshanaVinod
    Add sponsor block plugin too on chrome
    Somersett
    Oh, for heaven's sake- no-one need see Youtube ads, either on the desktop or with Android.

On the desktop use an adblocker- they are free and totally safe.

On Android get Newpipe from f-droid (a completely safe site every Android owner should use).
    howbord Author
    How about on IOS 
    wayners
    Try brave browser or the apps Vs paying
    kos1c
    Go through a vpn and pay the bare minimum, or download an adblocker that kills them for YouTube (I cannot recommend any, I have premium).
    turtles1
    YouTube Revanced
    MonkeyMan90
    Get it via VPN for about £1.20 per month it is the best £1.20 you'll ever spend. It makes a huge difference. And you can cancel Spotify or whatever you use and use YouTube music.

Makes me laugh how many people suggest YouTube revanced or use an adblocker. That's all good and well if you only use on phone or computer. If you use it on your TV which most people do then none of those work. Also you get YouTube music with premium (edited)
    italondonistaavataurino
    Ehm..actually I'm using an alternative to revanced for TV that works likewise..I just don't remember now the name. It's open source (edited)
    DealJester
    If you use Android tv then yes

If not there is alternatives to paying
    jamie15
    YouTube Premium comes with YouTube Music included, so if you pay for a music streaming service it's worth switching. They also have a family and student plan
    rev6
    It's worth it if you usually cast to a TV that must be done via official TV YouTube client.
    The2Time
    100% worth it if you like watching youtube, especially on a TV.

I pay £11 odd for 12 months using a VPN via India.
    Kindsaver
    I have Premium and pay aboy 1.30 for all the YouTube Music, no ads and background play, for me, it's worth the full price
    The2Time
    So then pay full price
    howbord Author
    Looks like i will either have to upgrade my Windscribe or find another VPN with India then
    Conkers816
    I've got my family plan via Argentina and my payment went out last week for £2.51.

Doesn't always have to be India, especially since they changed the law regarding data retention for this sort of thing.
    Mickyy
    Yes 100% , try set it up with vpn trick save a few quid
    mario999
    Can anyone point me to a guide for premium via a VPN? Was getting via India subscription, but card expired and no longer accepts my Starling card.
    The2Time
    I paid with my standard Halifax card. Do you have another card you can try?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants