Sun cream recommendations please?

Posted 28th May 2023
I never really bothered with sun cream but think I should start using. I've always thought of them to make your face feel greasy, is this the case with all? Anyways, what's a sun cream that you all use that can recommend please? Links? E.g. Amazon? Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    MonkeyMan90
    We use Nivea. You should always get minimum factor 30 if you want to be safe and shops, I use savers (edited)
    csmcr
    Aldi sun cream - Lacura. They have the best reviews. Price is great too. Always used Nivea until i found out they are not near as good as Lacura.
    MonkeysUncle
    Yes you should use. My grandma died from skin cancer by not using sun cream.

It's eye opening if you at other folks when you are out and about, I see quite a few with really dark worrying looking moles usually always on a really tanned person who doesn't bother with suncream
    Nikita_Percival
    Always use Soltan
    Gollywood
    Nivea 50
    Azwipe
    Yes sun creams make you feel greasy. i can't wear them as i feel uncomfortable. Dry oil spray is much nicer.
    OfficerDOOFY
    Nivea suncream is my favourite (tried most of them) and they are not too greasy if you put them on after a shower and let them dry on your body. I would never use the normal ones of my face. Some people can get 'break outs' but this one they do is faultless and not 'greasy' for the face but it's usually more expensive but lasts years. I've never got sunburnt on the face since using this one in very hot climates.

50269443_1.jpg (edited)
    razo
    If you're really concerned about your face feeling greasy (though personally that seems a small price to pay to not die horribly) then there's plenty of non greasy sunscreen designed especially for your face, I recommend Neutrogena Ultra Sheer - not greasy at all, and very effective. But doesn't really belong on HUKD as it's expensive (better than no sunscream though which costs an arm and a leg - geddit)
    abigsmurf
    They're greasy because oil based lotions won't get washed off as much by sweat. If you get a non-oil based one, remember to re-apply.
    arsenalchris
    Reimans P20. Stinks to high heaven but very effective
    unreality
    Cetaphil 50 spf daily moisturiser, not greasy more like a light moisturiser. Game changer.
    swan294976
    I have recently started using this brand. As I run a lot have found it great and doesn’t run when sweat etc.

it is a bit on the pricey side but have found great.

I’ve also just had the below email so if you or anyone wants the code let me know and I’ll DM it

50272590-PmagI.jpghttps://lifejacketskin.com/?ut…KYH (edited)
    newbie68
    Never found one that doesn't look greasy on the face, nor stains the collars of clothes etc. hate the darn things but I do use them as the alternative is daft
    tautlenavo
    Which recommended - 1) Nivea Sun Protect Moisture SPF30 Spray - boots.com/niv….ds ( , 2)Soltan Protect & Moisturise Spray SPF30 - boots.com/sol…685. Always buy a size(small works for me) that tends to last for a summer season so you can buy new next season as these creams have a shelf life of 12 months.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants