Best deal for data in EU holiday ?

Posted 6th Jun 2023
I use Giffgaff, but roaming data in Europe is capped at 5GB and I finished them somehow in 2 days (although at home I use that in close to a month)
Any other suggestion, any payg sim for kids to have data aswell ?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    That is a really good deal. The only option that comes close would be using 7 lebara sims.

£2.99 for 20GB so 7 sims would be £20.93 for 140GB. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle to manage 7 sims.

Last year, I used 12 of the 1p sims in Cyprus. It was a pain to manage but 144GB for 12p kept 3 of us going for 3 weeks!
    Lebara unlimited is currently on offer through uSwitch for £9.98 per month for 3 months (normally £24.95) so if you get 30gb roaming fup that's great, you could time it right to auto renew half way through the holiday if you thought you'd require more than 30, if not just turn auto renew off to end the deal, tcb would be available for uswitch but without looking I don't know the criteria.
    uswitch.com/mob…als (edited)
    Tesco Mobile (uses O2 network) Rocket Pack, it costs £15 for 50gb or £20 for 100gb for Clubcard customers. Entire internet allowance usable abroad. I did travel from UK to Ukraine and back and used it constantly almost always in 5G in most places. It's a payg tariff so you can just let it die and then wait to renew it the next time you travel (obviously don't leave your bank details on Tesco account to avoid auto-renewal).
    If people can find more data at better price let me know..doubt it...
    Base comparison:
    One-off £10 no onging commitment for 30days 3 PAYG SIM inc 10GB roaming, delivered (or free pickup) shifted directly by Amazon.
    Buy as many 10GB SIMs as envisaged required.
    Activate in UK prior to leaving.
    Bin after use.
    amazon.co.uk/Thr…RX/
    Why not look at waiting until you are over there, when we were in Lanzarote you could buy Lebabra sim only cards across there for 25 euros I think that gave 100gb of data and I think it was unlimited texts and calls. I only saw them after I bought a Lobster sim only deal and mine cost me 20 euros for 80gb data.
    Good to learn about Lobster 🦞. Reminded me of my Lobster TV phone from Virgin! (edited)
    Another option is Popit Mobile.

£25 for 100GB plus unlimited texts and calls. And they allow you to use the entire 100GB for roaming
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants