Best PC games to play with an XBOX Controller.

Posted 31st May 2023
Hi Guys,

I used to game a lot from everything from a Atari 2600 to a PS 3 & Wii

Recently I have been downloading Steam games etc for the PC although most of them involve keyboard controlling, I suppose because there are so many actions for an XBox controller.

So, basically, in your own personal opinions, what are the best PC games that you can play with an Xbox controller?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Willy_Wonka Author
    That is so like Doom!
    Johnmcl7
    What type of games are you interested in? I find the Xbox one controller is extremely well supported on PC these days so I'm surprised you're finding so many are keyboard only.
    Willy_Wonka Author
    Well, ideally I would like to play the fast action shooter/war games but when I go into controller settings there are like 2 dozen action keys on the keyboard that cannot be replicated in that number on an xbox controller.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.
    davejb
    you might want to look into gamepass for pc. can usually get it quite cheap and everything will be setup to work with an xbox controller straight away.

although all the games ive tried in steam/ubisoft for at least the last decade or so have already been set up to work with an xbox controller too. there will be extra keys bound to the keyboard but thats only because they can. a lot are unecessary with a controller. for example theyll usually setup a radial system to select weapons or equipment. something like pressing RB or Y and and then use the right stick to flick to the weapon or item in an instant. that replaces like 20 keys on a keyboard lol. in any modern game you shouldnt be missing out too much by using a controller.

basically if the game youre interested in is available on a console it should have full controller support on pc. itll just use some kind of menu/radial system to compensate which might not be obvious by scanning the bound keys in the game options.
    Willy_Wonka Author
    Thank you & those above. I think I might not be setting up the game properly.

I think I am trying to set the controller after launching the game in game settings rather than set it in the Steam App?

Does that make any sense?
    Anonymous User
    You can remap keyboard controls to xbox controls quite easily with a free bit of software
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants