Canon Pixma MG6450 PGBK Ink Printing blurred/shadowed, is there a fix?

deleted2417575's avatar deleted2417575
Posted 1st Jun 2020
The black PGBK ink on my Canon MG6450 is printing shadowed text whilst all other colours are working fine. I've tried all cleaning settings from the printer and changed the ink cartridge as well but no luck.

Has anyone else faced similar issues and, or knows of a fix? I have attached a image for reference.
3475510-LEPVQ.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    harrythefish01/06/2020 07:47

Have you tried this?Aligning the Print Head

Yes, I'll give it another go but tried all the cleaning options from the settings several times.
    Here is a rather complex procedure for reseating the print head, documentation applies to another Canon but might apply to yours too:
    support.usa.canon.com/kb/…853

What happens if you just remove the big black tank, does the small black tank take over? It recommended by Canon not to do this, I think because the head will then dry out and clog forever. But might be a workaround till you get a new printer.
    Author
    harrythefish01/06/2020 10:51

Here is a rather complex procedure for reseating the print head, …Here is a rather complex procedure for reseating the print head, documentation applies to another Canon but might apply to yours too:https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143853What happens if you just remove the big black tank, does the small black tank take over? It recommended by Canon not to do this, I think because the head will then dry out and clog forever. But might be a workaround till you get a new printer.

I'll try the other workaround but when I take out the big black ink, there's an alert for the missing ink and it doesn't proceed until that's in.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants