Posted 18th Jun 2021
Deleted
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Massive increase in sales . I heard 4 people bought an Xbox there this year. That’s a massive 4 fold increase in a very short space of time! And the the year isn’t over. Christmas is yet to come and retailers are expressing concerns that the region’s allocated 15 units may well sell out before then and Microsoft have been pressured into redirecting an extra 8 units from other regions. (edited)
    Soundbites. It just sounds better when you shout things like 'JAPAN IS OUR FASTEST GROWING MARKET!' and 'JAPANESE GAMERS FLOCKING TO BUY XBOX AFTER 200% INCREASE IN SALES!'. When all that's happened is that Xbox was a flop at launch and only sold 400 units and now they've sold 1200 units. (made up numbers just for explanation, I don't actually know how many they've sold)

Edit. 642 units in Japan this week according to VGChartz, compared to 97,808 Switches sold in Japan this week. (edited)
    Acquiescence18/06/2021 13:14

[Image]

Seems to be the slowest selling Xbox ever in Japan. Pure spin from MS in a country that does count and publish sales.
    Also worth noting the following…
    Series X 33,657
    Series S 11,846
    For comparison
    PS5 652,565
    PS5 DE 129,485
    Increasing sales is increasing sales regardless . Like it or not this proves the business model is working for Microsoft.

I can see how this would butt hurt diehard fans of the PlayStation. But buying a series s with game pass is the best value in gaming right now and it only looks to be gathering steam even in the land of PlayStation
    MrMaxPackage18/06/2021 10:07

Increasing sales is increasing sales regardless . Like it or not this …Increasing sales is increasing sales regardless . Like it or not this proves the business model is working for Microsoft. I can see how this would butt hurt diehard fans of the PlayStation. But buying a series s with game pass is the best value in gaming right now and it only looks to be gathering steam even in the land of PlayStation

“Butt hurt”
    Wow.
    44984923-HudDq.jpg
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Series S massively outsells the Series X there, just on the form factor and colour. Price will certainly help too! (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants