LG OLED 55 Inch TV

Posted 22nd May 2023
Hi

Looking for expert advise.

LG OLED TV at

1. C2 55 INCH MODEL FROM COSTCO £1089

2. G2 55 INCH MODEL FROM MARKS ELECTRICAL WITH 10% CORPORSTE PERK DISCOUNT £1125. Only problem with G2 is I won't be wall mounting so will need a stand at £100. Making total £1229.

Difference of £136.

Can someone who knows about both tvs advise. Is it worth paying the extra £136 to get G2 model.

My understanding is screen is brighter and warranty covers screen burn.

The screen is alot thinner too but worries me because I won't be wall mounting so the thicker c2 doesn't bother me size wise and seems more sturdier stronger.

Anyone got got a view based on above why either one would be better than other. Is the g2 worth the extra £136 pounds or am I wasting money?
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Mydealz_Barney
    At that small difference you should definitely go with the brighter G2. 100 pounds also seems awfully expensive for an aftermarket stand. There are proper solutions for around 25 pounds on Amazon, so you would even end up quite a bit cheaper.
    sm9690
    Make sure you have home insurance that covers accidental damage, OLEDs are extremely fragile and smash easily (speaking from experience).
    jacko20jj
    G get the G it’s absolute no brainer
    yacoboy
    If you're not wall mounting, save your money and get the C2. They're practically identical anyway.
    Mydealz_Barney
    Not at all. The G has both a brighter and better cooled panel.
    Afsar_Hussain Author
    Anyone else have anymore views on this. I bought the C2 from costco for 979. Delivery next week.

Someone has mentioned I should have got g2 due to screen burn warranty for 5 years and it'd be stupid to not get g2.

Made me think whether I should return c2 and get2
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants