Looking for wireless earbuds around £40-£80

Posted 22nd May 2023
Looking for recommendations or advice.

• Main use is for videos, podcasts, audiobooks etc. on my phone (Pixel 6 Pro).
  • Secondary use is for video conference calls at work (connected to laptop) so want them to have good microphones.
  • Occasional music but that's definitely not the priority (I get very put off when I see them advertised for the "thumping bass" or whatever!)
  • Occasional connecting them to the TV to watch films/play on PS5.

Most importantly I want some which are likely to be a good fit. I appreciate that everyone's fit is different, but I've really struggled with ones I've owned in the past and found myself constantly having to put them back in my ear. So if there are any that are widely recognised as being a good fit then that's a big plus.

Noise cancellation would definitely be preferred.

I see all sorts of features like AptX and LDAC but not really sure how important they are?

Any particular recommendations or tips you can share with me? Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    ryankall
    Anker (Soundcore) do really good affordable ear buds

amazon.co.uk/s?k…s_2

there is a whole range and they have rotating offers (so always have an offer on something for a week then it changes to another one)

I have one in my wishlist at the moment I'm waiting on the price to drop. I have some over the ear noise cancelling ones from Soundcore and they are great.

These are on offer at the moment and it would be worth checking the specs amazon.co.uk/Sou…BWH

You'll see the reviews too.

Even these will be ok amazon.co.uk/Sou…L3/

It will be worth clicking on the ones that prices haven't dropped as they often have a 15% discount voucher tick box near the price that you can apply.

There will be something that fit's your budget and spec's I'm sure.
    PotatoSalad11 Author
    Thanks so much, I'd been looking at some of their products so that's really good to have this recommendation. I'm not in a desperate watch so I'll setup some camelcamelcamel alerts when I find what I'm after.
    martynhardacre
    AptX is a codec that is really good at reducing lag which you'll want for watching video content. A lot of the soundpeats ones are very well reviewed and have no lag at all 🏻
    PotatoSalad11 Author
    Thank you! I'll check out Soundpeats, not really come across those yet. Reducing lag definitely seems like it'd be helpful so I'll add that to the nice-to-have list
    Mail
    Cambridge Audio Melomania ebay.co.uk/itm…hW~

I've used these a lot and they're very good for the money. Had a problem with my first order and Cambridge Audio sent another unit immediately, so you're getting good customer service as well.

Around 36 with discount code.

After I received replacement set I've never had any problems with it since and they were better than my Sony 1000XM3s, both in terms of app functionality, software updates, fit and audio quality (in my opinion at least).

Worth letting you know.

hotukdeals.com/dea…631
    kos1c
    I have soundcore p3 and they're great. I paid £37 off eBay new.

ebay.co.uk/itm…OPY
    regancipher
    For calls, 37 models in your price range mic tested here, including the popular Soundcore & Soundpeats models that are regularly posted
    PotatoSalad11 Author
    Thank you! Unfortunately you're a little late and I already bought the EarFun Air Pro 3!
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants