Mobile Phone advice please from hot uk deal members

Posted 5th Jun 2023
Hi Guys ,
I’m looking for some help/advice/recommendations please, about mobile phone contract upgrades - I’m basically wanting to upgrade my old iPhone Xr (which is approx 5 years old) which has started to slow down and also has now got issues with lines on the screen.

Currently I am on Sim only , I’m with Vodafone.
I believe I currently get 120gb data, unlimited calls and texts and I currently pay £26 a month each month for this - for info I never actually go over my data allowance so the 120gb of data is sufficient for me.
Vodafone have called me yesterday to say if I “lock in with them for 2 years” on sim only - I can have unlimited data , unlimited calls and texts for £23 a month - so that would be a saving of £3 a month with a much higher data allowance.

So here’s the bit I want help with please....

I’m happy to pay a bit more - say £35/£40 a month, if this can secure me a newer iPhone (as my handset needs upgrading) with a contract tariff similar to the 120 gb data with calls and texts plan that i currently have.

Please can anyone recommend a deal/provider - where I might be able to get say an iPhone 12 or even iPhone 13 for £35/£40 a month or is that not being realistic?

Thanks Nick
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Buy the handset separately as SIM only for 50GB is usually under £7-8 a month after cashback. Paying £35-40 per month will push you into 3-year contracts for an iPhone. Another option is to buy a high quality refurbished one for iPhone 13 or 12.
    Author
    I’m just curious - where can you get a 50gb Sim only for £7-£8 a month??
    Vodafone are charging me £26 a month for 120gb, but after speaking with them today I only actually need 30gb data each month based on my average useage.
    Just had a quick search as I think your overpaying .....iPhone 14 on Vodafone with unlimited data is only £45 per month £120 upfront ....

But other options with less upfront and different data but all on Vodafone
    mobiles.co.uk/app…one (edited)
    Would be a good idea to see how much data you actually need, I know you said you don't use the full 120gb but if you only need say 5gb then you'll be able to save loads on SIM only.
    Author
    I think I use around 30gb data on average each month
    iphone 13 128GB on vodafone 100GB
    2 year cost £849 total. (Please do factor extra 2 x uplift for 15% on the monthly tariff by yourself)

uswitch.com/mob…als

However, I do think you may worth go for iphone 14 on idmobile 50GB if three network OK to you.
    2 year cost £854
    uswitch.com/mob…ls/
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants