New Mattress Time..

Posted 12th May 2023
Our Silentnight 2600 natural pocket superking mattress will need replacing this year.
It´s done us well for 10 years, both being obese and the wife having back problems - her a back sleeper, me a side sleeper, there has been no roll, and has plenty of support.... it´s really been the perfect mattress which we bought on a whim (Amazon lightening deal).

Shame it´s discontinued as we wouldn´t hesitate to buy another.

So we´ll be looking for a similar deep, pocket sprung mattress - not sure about the added gel or memory in addition to the pocket springs - think ours has lasted as well as it has due to it being able to flip it over.

In addition to anyone having any recommendations, has anyone had experience buying from the Dream ebay store ebay.co.uk/str…017

Was thinking of going to the store to try the mattresses out, and then seeing if they have one in their ebay store at a fraction of the price.

It´s either that or contacting Silentnight to see which model they currently sell is the closest match to the one we have now.
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Anonymous User
    Just my 2 pence worth.
    I had one of the original Tempur mattresses which i rated overall at 8.5/10. (7 years)

Then i bought an expensive early memory foam, which were not very good at dissipating heat, as my post menopausal partner frequently yelled at me. overall 3/10. (12 months)

Then we bought the new version of the memory foam with castellated foam and 2000 pocket sprung lower section, this was a bit better at keeping a pleasant temperature but was still flawed in this area, and lacked a lot of support, even though this was supposed to be edge sprung and cage bound. that lasted about 4 years, before it became uncomfortable. (Myself at 14st 5lb, My Wife at 9st 6lb). 7/10

We currently have an i-gel Superking which we got from Bensons Beds about 6 years ago, and i would not swap it for anything. By far the most comfortable bed we have owned. 9.5/10.
    It was expensive but really, really calming to sleep on. Same price as the Mammoth Prestige from Furniture village, but it felt instantly better when we were testing.

dont pay the price you see on display, Most of the bed shops will make a deal if you buy on the day. When they come back with an offer, just propose a lower one, you get nothing if you dont ask.
    I got £350 off mine. (edited)
    saintscouple Author
    Many thanks for taking to the time to comment, very useful. I have looked and the temp regulating i-gel would be of benefit to us.... the wife has the fan on each and every night.
    Although i expect each brand will have it´s own version of this... we will have to take a drive and try some out.
    Thanks aagin
    Wongy111
    What to do with the old one ?
    50168413-Y7WAV.jpg
    AMaky
    I personwould avoid any gels and memory, don't breathing and too hot.
    Anything natural and breathable.Argos do a decent range of silentnight and often 20% off code too. (edited)
    saintscouple Author
    Cheers, will take a look.
    jjmmww1
    We have the one under top Simba mattress and both quite like that
    Jessica321
    I went to my local Dreams store and used their Sleepmatch "machine"

That will give you an idea of which mattress is right for you

They do have a sale on some matresses at the moment
    DisagreeableRunt
    We have a Silentnight Geltex Ultra 3000 and I adore the comfort and support, but I sweat like Lee Evans at the O2 on hot nights.
    Dude1971
    Is there a local store you can use? We walked into my local bed shop (Hamsey's) and walked out with two new mattresses for the kids!
    littel.helper
    that Ebay link store has some good deals but no Double mattreses available at present.
    you may be able to use 15% offer too. (Maybe)
    saintscouple Author
    Yeah 15% doesn´t apply, but still some good prices with a 1 year warranty. Just wondered if anyone has had any experience buying off there.
    davejb
    google says they still do that mattress... several websites come up selling it around £500 - 600
    saintscouple Author
    That´s what i thought, but when i click on the link it comes up as out of stock or discontinued - verified with silentnight it is discontinued. £500 is what i paid for it orginially.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants