Octopus Agile Free electricity tomorrow

Posted 26th May 2023
Rates have just been posted for tomorrow and for an hour and a half in the afternoon electricity is free! The times around it are also very low

4141262-OjZcR.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I got myself and mother on tracker few months ago your now on a wait list so you missed out

Been paying 17p per kWh for last few weeks, it's warming up and today it's 15.5p
    Which was precovid prices exciting stuff
    The standing charge is now beyond a joke
    How much is yours? It varies by region doesn't it?

I was on octopus flexible (think that's the name of the standard rate) at about 42p and have just changed to agile at 37p per day.

Am on the waiting list for tracker.
    I spotted this too and thought it was an error! Bulk washing will be going on then
    Agile is different than tracker? Where and when these rates are being posted?
    Agile doesn’t actually work like it says on the Tin. I’m on Agile and yes I find it cheaper than the variable tarries that everyone is currently on. Agile is advertised to people saying if you change your energy use habits and use energy out of the busiest periods (4-8pm) you’ll save more money. That’s not true. You are billed by the average price across the day. Energy price changes every 30mins, I switched because of my electric car and after reviewing my bill and speaking to Octopus,I don’t need to charge my car at the lowest prices for that day I can charge between the busy periods and still get charged the same. The average throughout the day.
    Author
    What do your bills say because mine shows me the breakdown on how much I’ve paid every half an hour of each day. Yes it gives an ‘average’ unit price based on the whole day but I’m definitely being charged for each half hour

50263359_1.jpg (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants