Renew with Kaspersky or try someone else?

Posted 15th May 2023
Been with Kaspersky for a number of years and it’s due for renewal soon. I’m not a geek so mainly just let it do its thing. Should I just stick with it or twist for something better?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    xCobehx
    Literally no need for it. Windows Defender that’s built in is more than adequate for the average user. Enjoy the savings.(y)
    PS5
    Paying another company to grind your pc to a halt as if it actually had a virus anyway .. No thanks.
    It is superfluous..
    MonkeyMan90
    Windows Defender is as good as any anti virus. Cancel Kaspersky and use the windows one for free.
    bozo007
    Common sense and the built in Defender is usually sufficient.
    IAmATeaf
    Not used any 3rd party AV on any of my desktops and laptops for quite a few years now. As already said Windows Defender is sort of good enough unless you purposely go looking for dodgy sites
    AndyRoyd
    Assuming considering renewing Krapesky primarily for Windoze:
    sack off the Krapesky rubbish and combine the standard and integral Windoze offering with a decent browser adblocker such as "uBlock Origin" (where much malware manifests via nefarious ads).

Job done, zero cost except for a couple of seconds of configuration sensibleness binning Krapesky.
    Uridium
    Echo the above and just to add that Kapersky is a Russian company which is enough reason alone to boycott it imo
    bluetang Author
    I do also have Kaspersky on my android phone. What would I potentially need instead?

Thanks for all the replies so far.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants