Ryan Air verification.

Posted 12th Sep 2023 (Posted 1 h, 57 m ago)
I need to know if others have had this issue, and if were there problems. I made a booking to use Ryan Air (yeah I know !!) out of a local airport. The payment was taken, booking made, and reference received.
About 20 mins later I get an email saying they have blocked the booking because it was made through a third party site that has no right to sell bookings, and that I must now identify myself, for which if you choose the wrong option they will charge you. Perhaps that would be a valid story, were it not for the fact that the ticket was booked directly on the Ryan Air site, because for the sake of £4 buying elsewhere, I decided to avoid any problems.
What they don't tell you, when you open the email on the pc, is that around 5 steps into the procedure, you need to take a photo of your signature, and one of your passport. So if this ever comes up for you, do it only on the phone.
So now I have to wait for them to verify the details that they already have, taken by them, on their website, paid for using a card that is in the name of the sole traveller, and I might not find out until a few hours before the 8am flight. But of course, if I want to verify myself at the check in desk, I can do, for an "airport check in fee" of some ludicrous amount.
Of course, their chatbox service sucks. I am 1 hour into a booking, and I am regetting it already

Obviously there is no satisfactory info on their site, but I am wondering, could it be caused by the fact that I use an email service whereby every email address is unique, and looks completely random? Too many sites these days refuse to serve unless you have a "standard" address, ie gmail, blaming the throwaway email as the reason. I assume they do not like the fact that it is possible to block spam mail and know which sites responsible for selling your details.
Community Updates
New Comment

2 Comments

's avatar
    Unfortunately that's ryanair for you. My last flight with them last month required me to verify too. Mine was purchased through a third party though.
    Apparently they priority the verification process if your flight is soon
    Author
    By my understanding they prioritise based on a fee, then perhaps your date.
    I eventually got through to a script reader from the latest country with a successful space program, on whom the irony of her blaming third party companies for screwing things up, was wasted. But she could offer nothing other than to "please be filling in the prompts", and then informing me that despite having a copy of my passport, I will need to give it to them again later at check in.
Discussions
Top Merchants