Sky price hike.... again.

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Handed my 30 day notice in 29 days ago ‘ they rang me and offered me everything I had before for £60 per month ‘ that was £3 less than what I was paying before ‘ I have the full package including Netflix .
    Author
    Not good at all.....I wonder if you go on chat you will be offered better?
    Not really "again" for 2023 anyway.

Suspect because of your contract terms you did not get the April 8.1% increase. So you're getting it now.

In fairness to Sky, they haven't used the CPI +x% that most providers have this year. That has caused most mobile/broadband bills etc to increase by between 13 - 17%. (edited)
    Author
    Fortunately for me, my contact ends at the end of June. So will put in my notice in a couple of weeks' time and hope for some offers.
    That makes sense. Assume you managed to negotiate no increases during the contract and of course just after the contract ends they put the price up! Good luck on better offers, make sure you read the ongoing separate discussion topic to see what others are getting offered.
    Firecube/Stick and the "options" that that opens for you, we dropped Sky last year because they were abysmal, especially now they are using a streaming only format, using my internet to deliver the service i used to get through the dish, im unlimited but if it was metered it wouldnt work at all for me....
    Probably safe to assume that they would not count data used via their streaming (Sky Stream) service towards your data allowance (do ISPs even offer plans with limits nowadays?).
    Tried several times with Sky (17 unbroken years) and their final, best offer was £3 cheaper than what we were originally on before they started their increases - if they’d offered that upfront, we might still be with them. Been with Virgin since Thursday and getting a lot more for £37.50 a month: however, I don’t kid myself that they’ll be bumping that sooner rather than later during our 18 month contract.
    Sky have lost so much of the good sport to BT in the last few years, particularly if you like football, or should I say men's football. Champions league has gone. A lot of the big premier league games. Cricket has started to go too. Boxing went for a while before Ben shalom rocked up, but still a fair bit has gone to DAZN.

Yet they keep increasing their prices. Shame they can't just give customers their best price rather than playing silly beggers. I'm so glad I ditched them a long time ago.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants