Tidal is still charging - Good

Posted 17th Sep 2023
There was a recent concern of Tidal closing down subscriptions to those using the service of a country to which their card is not registered. I had the email last month informing me that it would be cancelled due to some excuse over costs etc, when we know it is really a money grabbing scheme.
Well the latest news I can offer is that my monthly subscription has just been renewed, paid for with Starling, albeit at the extortionate rate of £1.32, instead of the 56p ish that I signed up for a while ago.
So perhaps some cards are still working, or they were bluffing and hoping you would change country and allow yourself to be ripped off
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'm not even going to ask about Spotify workarounds (they never seen to work for long), what other music streaming options are there we can get with vpn's?
    Maybe after October may change
    Mine comes up on the 25th. We shall see.
    I'll see at the end of September. Last time I was charged 0.52 on my Revolut for the Hi-Fi Plus family plan. Let's hope it won't stop working.
    Mine didn't go through this week.
    Was yours a Mastercard?
    Mine was cancelled today Email received and all family members removed
    Yeah, happened to me too (Argentina, Starling). I guess they finally spotted the loophole. Was good while it lasted!
    Author
    What was your subscription level? My payment method was also Argy Starling, but all is good
    Well it's over for me... Ahh well, on to the next thing.

This was what I got tonight...
    We have cancelled your TIDAL subscription.

Hello

Your TIDAL subscription has been cancelled due to non-payment.

Do not worry; Your playlists and favorites will still be there if you reactivate your account. Press the button below.
    Just recieved an email from them:-

Due to recent changes in how major credit cards handle the Argentine Peso (ARS) currency exchange, our payment processor will only allow cards issued by an Argentine bank to be used with Argentine TIDAL accounts for the foreseeable future. This includes VISA and Mastercard. Depending on what country you currently reside in, there are a couple of options available:

If you currently live in Argentina and are using a credit or debit card that an Argentine bank did not issue, please update your payment method to the credit or debit card issued in Argentina. Failure to update your payment method may result in a billing failure and ultimately in the cancellation of your subscription.

If you have moved to a different country, you’ll need to create a new TIDAL account registered under a different username and in the country you currently reside in. Once your new account is created, we can help transfer all your playlists and favorites.
    You only just got this? Seems most people got this email back in mid-August - and we're getting our subs cancelled now. You might be OK for another month.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants