Best place to buy a new tv and what brand do you recommend?

Posted 13th Jun 2023
Hi there, our Samsung QLED tv just broke last night, it’s been gaining lines on the screen for the past year and now it started to boot loop, it just boot loops all the time now, tried everything but we need a new tv! Where is the best place the buy one from and what’s the brand to go for now!?

We’ve just took our kitchen tab down which is a Samsung 37 inch to from about 2008 still going strong, it’s outlasted 2 tv’s, the first Samsung 4k tv which the backlight went on but it lasted 4 years but lived with it for a year and the second one I told you about! My dads insistent on getting a new tv so that’s I’m posting, I don’t see the point when you’ve got an old Samsung 1080p tank that’ll outlast all new tvs, probably!

Any advice appreciated, sorry for the rant and thanks in advance!!
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Fully recommend Costco.
    Customer service is 100%.

Always a Sony TV.
    Whatever you can muster up the money for.
    Author
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    Costco/ Richer Sounds/ JL due to their warranty
    Author
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    Richer Sounds offer a good 6 year warranty on there TV’s
    Author
    That sounds decent, thanks!
    Costco is best place to buy imo. 5 year warranty and 3 months satisfaction guarantee to change your mind for any reason.

If you don’t have a card to use in the warehouses then anyone can buy an online membership for £15 with no eligibility criteria.

Sony is always the brand I would recommend for something long lasting with good picture quality and motion handling.
    Author
    I’ve seen Costco recommended on this forum before and sounds good. Thanks for recommending Sony!
    Best place is Richer Sounds. Can't really go wrong with an LG OLED
    Author
    Sounds good, thanks for recommending LG oled tvs!
    Author
    The current tv has only lasted probably a year and a half.
    And if "it's been gaining lines on the screen for the past year" then why on earth didn't you contact the retailer, or even the manufacturer, and get it repaired!? (edited)
    The current tv has only lasted probably a year and a half.
    If that is literal and you haven't exposed the TV to the usual device-chasing vicious goldfish,
    take pleasure in submitting your CRA claim to the shysters that sold you the prematurely-failed Samdung.
    Random sample claim template at
    which.co.uk/con…lgZ

Example of one HUKD member that obtained some prematurely-busted redress from Currys for a 4 years old TV:
    hotukdeals.com/com…479
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants