Broadbands best customer support?

Posted 14th Jun 2023
Due a renewal of my broadband contract and found Virgin media was the best for value however reading their trust pilot reviews they seem to deserve a major swerve. *They have contacted me five times since even though I have shown no interest however was told all providers service is the same?. Are there decent providers still out there? (not plusnet) Cheers in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You should be asking for the most reliable broadband. So you don't need to contact them.
    So you have been with them without issue and happy with the service - however now you're due for renewal you have been put off them due to other people's experience? even though yours has been fine?

Seems bizarre. (edited)
    BT (and by extension EE) Are often a bit more expensive but they have full UK Customer service and have always quickly helped me out without any trouble any time I have needed to speak to them.
    Agreed, UK customer service is very good and that alone is worth the extra few pounds per month.
    I have Shell Broadband and had to deal with their customer service a couple of times and found them really good. Just complained about this years price rise and got it reduced to £1 a month. I know they do get bad press but I've always found them good.
    That’s good to know, switched to them a couple of days ago and now just waiting impatiently for the activation not knowing what to expect.
    I refuse to say a bad word for Vodafone

I’m waiting to renew, until I hear more about this voda/three merger though
    They merging is the worst thing... prices will increase and service will get poorer. There'll bea lot of voices against but in the end it'll definitely happen
    How many times is contact with customer service really required? In the last 3+ years I have been with TalkTalk, I have contacted them just twice for service drops and in each case, it was resolved on the webchat. The reality is no one wants to pay for high quality customer service but everyone expects it for a commoditised product.
    I do IT for my brothers 4 office estate agency chain for family rates. Based on the experience over the last 10 years Id highly recommend Zen.... these are non business lines as well.

They are a few quid more a month but if I was working from home/running a small business etc ...I wouldnt hesitate.

Most ISP's are going to have to deal with BT Openreach to resolve any sort of technical problem you may have anyway....but theyve always known exactly what they are doing.
    I have Lit full fibre and they have been fantastic. Any issues I've been able to ring straight through and although they do tend to be foreign they are still very helpful. Wasn't too happy they sent a renewal email through saying it was going upto £59 a month so I emailed back saying I wasn't happy thinking about cancelling and they literally rang me the next day apologising saying that I was sent the wrong email and gave me 2 years at £39 a month for 1gb. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants