Broken phone blues.

Posted 11th Jun 2023
I dropped a glass jar on my phone, the screen had a slow death as I watched. Home insurance excess is too high to warrant a claim, so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a new one.

So, it was a OnePlus Nord 2 5G. A great phone, really liked it and got on with it. A new one looks like it will set me back around £350, £30 more than I paid 18 months ago.

I could do that, or I also see the Nothing Phone can be had through O2 for £250, or a Samsung A54 with cashback and trade in for £250.

Any personal preferences on either of these? Any other suggestions? I wouldn't want to go
over £350.

(I don't like the software on Xiaomi.)
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'd go for the A54. You'll get 4 years Android OS version updates and 5 years security updates. The other will barely get a security update past 12 months.
    Another vote for A54 unless wireless charging is a must as A54 is wired charge only.
    Author
    Well, I went for the A54. (I've never had wireless charging, so can't miss it) Got it on the Samsung deal for £214, £100 cashback, £100 trade in for a Nokia Lumia 635 I found in my drawer and still charged up and turned on, and 10% off from a twitter code.

Absolute bargain.

And now to buy mobile insurance.
    personally for £214, i wouldn't bother with mobile insurance. you can always buy another one if anything happens to it. it is of low value enough not to insure.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants