Code of Conduct - Political and Religious discussion no longer permitted

Posted 1st Mar 2018
Morning guys -

I know we published a statement on this overnight (which I'll merge into here) but I just wanted to set up a spot for you all to ask questions / share your viewpoint on this. I also wanted to give a bit of insight as to what's allowed / what isn't and how we'll handle it, so you have a bit of a guideline to follow rather than an ambiguous rule.

I will say this - this is something we've talked about for a long time, and so many of you have suggested we do this over the years so thanks for all of your input with this. It'll take a while for the restriction to "bed in" on both sides, I think, so if you see anything unusual or want to flag anything at any point, let us know.

Political and religious debate is no longer permitted.

Over the past ~13 years we've allowed members to openly discuss their position and feelings on a huge range of subjects. While we encourage all users to be respectful toward one another at all times, we're sure you can appreciate that the aforementioned topics tend to create huge discord among our community and account for a disproportionately high amount of complaints and reports.

Therefore, we've taken the decision as of March 1st to no longer allow debate on these topics. As many of you have mentioned in the past, these threads typically tend to head one way and the users within them can often be accused of flame baiting.

We hope you can understand why we've taken this decision and appreciate your support

Definition - what constitutes a non permissible thread?

• Miscellaneous discussions based on political events / news
  • Miscellaneous discussions based on religious persuasion
  • Comments or discussion which contain religious or political bias
  • Comments which do not respect individual freedom of speech*
  • Attempting to “profile” a user based on their religious or political standpoint; assuming if they believe in (a) then they must therefore believe in (b)
  • Soapboxing

• *Encouraging / inciting intolerance
  • *Being narrow minded / hateful toward people who have different religious or political views
  • *Stereotyping; creating or encouraging conversation around negative stereotypes
  • *Criticising the decisions / choices taken by those of a different religious or political standpoint
  • *Pointing out systematic or social issues around “loaded” topics such as immigration, integration, fanaticism

• Deal thread hijacking eg a deal on Easter eggs is fine, but comments questioning why anyone would embrace Christianity / Religion in general within that thread should be removed
  • A question around whether a product is kosher or halal (for example) is fine, but any replies questioning why it matters, or further discussing the reasons behind halal / the moral code should be deleted
  • Comments which blame a price rise on Brexit are fine. If those comments start to dissect the decision to leave the EU or open up the Brexiteer vs Remainer conversation, they will be deleted

What you can expect from our forum team while we roll out this policy

It will take time for us all to get used to these changes and we'll be as communicative and easy going as possible around the subject. If you do post something that is no longer allowed, you'll receive a message from one of us explaining the decision to remove your thread or comment.

I know it sounds cliche but we really need to work together on this one and we definitely need your feedback, reports and opinions as we establish how it's going to work over the next few weeks.

What if my comment or thread wasn't political or religious? I think you were too harsh on me..

We'll do our best, but I guarantee we will make mistakes over the next few weeks! If you need anything reviewing, use the report function - we'll take a look at your comment and see what we can do to reinstate it. We'll keep you in the loop on whatever we decide along the way.

I've seen a user posting something and I'm not sure if it's within the guidelines or not.

Best thing to do is send a quick report. We review every single report sent to us and although we might not need to do anything with the comment or thread you flag, we appreciate you helping us out and taking the time to let us know something needs attention

Community Updates
Official Announcements
Top comments
Bye bye HUKD you nuked the selling page so now your nuking misc, if you really can't be bothered being mods then dont bother having misc in the first place just dont be surprised when your site traffic drops even more so and with it of course your revenue.

Maybe you admin should look up the definition of the term miscellaneous before you cut off peoples right to free speech, if we can not speak of religion, politics or current events you've pretty much nuked every subject of human debate and conversation since the dawn of time.

I suppose the only subjects left are shopping unless we want to discuss things like toys r us going bust etc.

Kill the site go on your choice, plenty ready to replace you.
juliet_bravo5 m ago

Keep it on topic Actually, this policy was tested already on our …Keep it on topic Actually, this policy was tested already on our sister sites in France and Germany. We let them take the risks for us to a certain extent!.. and the above comments are a case in point. Huge split in opinion. Thanks for feedback so far @ all

So you are even censoring the thread you have set up to discuss censoring the website, can you see the irony?
To be honest,if you come to a shopping site for serious political or religious debates then you want to have a good look at yourself...
Comments which do not respect individual freedom of speech*

Isn't that a contradictory oxymoronic comment? If an user cannot comment or remark on current affairs, politics or religion isn't that the worst form of censorship, and contrary to your statement of respecting an individual's freedom of speech? (playing devils advocate).

Understandable that the Administrators have decided to adjust their code of conduct to prevent discrimination, derogatory comments, racial and religious intolerance, but simply having a blanket ban all topics that influences, affects, and shapes our daily lives unfair? If the Administrators and Moderators were concerned about the gradual decline in the Miscellaneous Forum content wouldn't a visible stern warning, deterrent, or prior notice before taking these drastic actions? Unfortunately the UK users haven't had their own opportunity to state their feedback, or present a viable alternative.

As with many forums, websites and search engines, the companies have decided to follow a similar line as HotUKdDeals simply either creating a stricter code of conduct, change their terms and conditions, or stop public feedback altogether (IMDB). This way stopping adverse publicity but also the time and cost to moderate those boards. I'm saddened by the change, as in all intents and purposes leaving very few topics to discuss, and will probably be the demise of the Miscellaneous section, but it is a Deals website first and foremost.
597 Comments
deleted1028935
It is not my place to describe the substance in more detail, but if this thread survives the initial review process, would it be worthwhile a Moderator posting the official announcement on changes taking effect from March 1st 2018? May be better to communicate the changes universally rather than a slow and gradual realisation of new parameters for acceptable topics within Misc.

----------------------------------------------

Thought I should apply an edit as my comment above, that was originally posted as a thread description before being merged, may look unusual chronologically.

As for the announcement itself, I think it is sad, but somehow a little inevitable. I guess everyone will see it through their own prism, and whereas I have no issue with the religious element being tempered, I will miss the political aspect that can, sometimes, be quite entertaining and informative. Politics is so woven into the fabric of British life, I feel it will be a very unfortunate loss, and possibly quite difficult to eradicate in a fair and comprehensive manner. It is a shame that the input and intent of a few, has led to the loss of such an important subject matter for the many, especially in the immediate years to come. Maybe if everyone had been able to communicate in a measured and less divisive manner, we may not have reached this point. It is understandable that the increased moderating and reporting that have resulted from political threads has played a part in this decision by HUKD, and the reasons behind it as described by Juliet will give members plenty to chew over.

Just a suggestion - would it be more appropriate to move this thread to Misc to achieve better and wider access to what is the target audience?
Edited by: "deleted1028935" 1st Mar 2018
@Saturn Hi re the point on publishing to misc, absolutely. I will leave the thread in feedback but add a notification in misc shortly

Will also add that I agree with you - politics is absolute engrained in our lives and stamped on everything we do, however I'm sure you can appreciate that discussion around politics brings out the best and worst in people. It takes a lot of very like-minded and like-tempered people to debate without disagreement, and it takes a skilled conversationist to debate in a balanced way while seeing and appreciating all sides of a viewpoint or argument.

While there are so many of you skilled in engaging in and negotiation that sort of conversation, it makes it very difficult for us as moderators to draw the line without looking like we are taking sides or censoring, and it's also very tricky to separate genuine discussions from those that were seeded purely to cause a reaction.

When handling reports on these subjects we end up bogged down with users accusing one another of all sorts and expecting us as a group to take their side and deal with their complaint immediately.. but that complaint might be purely rooted in the user's personal position! All in all, it makes it pretty difficult and it's not something that we necessarily should be spending so much time on.
Edited by: "juliet_bravo" 1st Mar 2018
deleted242925
Political and religious debate is no longer permitted.

WOW!

But whatever I guess.
Bye bye HUKD you nuked the selling page so now your nuking misc, if you really can't be bothered being mods then dont bother having misc in the first place just dont be surprised when your site traffic drops even more so and with it of course your revenue.

Maybe you admin should look up the definition of the term miscellaneous before you cut off peoples right to free speech, if we can not speak of religion, politics or current events you've pretty much nuked every subject of human debate and conversation since the dawn of time.

I suppose the only subjects left are shopping unless we want to discuss things like toys r us going bust etc.

Kill the site go on your choice, plenty ready to replace you.
To be honest,if you come to a shopping site for serious political or religious debates then you want to have a good look at yourself...
Good job; about time.
This misc forum seems to have descended into nothing but trolling with predictable outcomes.
No one is interested in the other person's political viewpoint or meaningful contribution - everything is based on political leaning.
e.g. You could have someone write something that you would normally agree with, but because they are known to have a different political leaning, you will immediately find ways to flame them.

The religious trolling and hatred is something else altogether. Hopefully we'll see the end of that and those who loved their xenophobic and Islamophobic ways can go elsewhere to a more extreme website to share their common hatred with their peers.

MOD REMOVED

And again, good job on these new rules.
Edited by moderator: "removal" 1st Mar 2018
“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
YES!!!!
Uranus01/03/2018 11:55

Good job; about time.This misc forum seems to have descended into nothing …Good job; about time.This misc forum seems to have descended into nothing but trolling with predictable outcomes.No one is interested in the other person's political viewpoint or meaningful contribution - everything is based on political leaning. e.g. You could have someone write something that you would normally agree with, but because they are known to have a different political leaning, you will immediately find ways to flame them.The religious trolling and hatred is something else altogether. Hopefully we'll see the end of that and those who loved their xenophobic and Islamophobic ways can go elsewhere to a more extreme website to share their common hatred with their peers.MOD REMOVEDAnd again, good job on these new rules.

Hi @Bestard

I've removed part of your reply as the singling out of any member is not permitted. This would need to be directed to Contact form to query. However i can confirm that we mods just use our own accounts for all replies and partaking in the site and don't 'offer protection' to anyone. We are not the mafia
Wow, i guess censorship is alive and well in the 21st century.

All i would say to those that have pushed this through is to be careful what you wish for, the stifling of political and religious debate is only ever going to go one way and it will not be good news.

Happy shopping everyone.
Keep it on topic Actually, this policy was tested already on our sister sites in France and Germany. We let them take the risks for us to a certain extent!.. and the above comments are a case in point. Huge split in opinion. Thanks for feedback so far @ all
juliet_bravo5 m ago

Keep it on topic Actually, this policy was tested already on our …Keep it on topic Actually, this policy was tested already on our sister sites in France and Germany. We let them take the risks for us to a certain extent!.. and the above comments are a case in point. Huge split in opinion. Thanks for feedback so far @ all

So you are even censoring the thread you have set up to discuss censoring the website, can you see the irony?
juliet_bravo01/03/2018 12:33

this policy was tested already on our sister sites in France and Germany. …this policy was tested already on our sister sites in France and Germany. We let them take the risks for us to a certain extent!..

So you are saying that EU wide rules & regs are being rolled out here ?..... <laughs into sleeve>
Segata-Sanshiro01/03/2018 11:46

Bye bye HUKD you nuked the selling page so now your nuking misc, if you …Bye bye HUKD you nuked the selling page so now your nuking misc, if you really can't be bothered being mods then dont bother having misc in the first place just dont be surprised when your site traffic drops even more so and with it of course your revenue.Maybe you admin should look up the definition of the term miscellaneous before you cut off peoples right to free speech, if we can not speak of religion, politics or current events you've pretty much nuked every subject of human debate and conversation since the dawn of time.I suppose the only subjects left are shopping unless we want to discuss things like toys r us going bust etc.Kill the site go on your choice, plenty ready to replace you.

But but you can now win a Lego Porsche

(Dear mods please don't remove me from the competition, if anything add more tickets because of my bants)
Edited by: "catbeans" 1st Mar 2018
juliet_bravo3 h, 30 m ago

@Saturn Hi re the point on publishing to misc, absolutely. I will …@Saturn Hi re the point on publishing to misc, absolutely. I will leave the thread in feedback but add a notification in misc shortlyWill also add that I agree with you - politics is absolute engrained in our lives and stamped on everything we do, however I'm sure you can appreciate that discussion around politics brings out the best and worst in people. It takes a lot of very like-minded and like-tempered people to debate without disagreement, and it takes a skilled conversationist to debate in a balanced way while seeing and appreciating all sides of a viewpoint or argument. While there are so many of you skilled in engaging in and negotiation that sort of conversation, it makes it very difficult for us as moderators to draw the line without looking like we are taking sides or censoring, and it's also very tricky to separate genuine discussions from those that were seeded purely to cause a reaction.When handling reports on these subjects we end up bogged down with users accusing one another of all sorts and expecting us as a group to take their side and deal with their complaint immediately.. but that complaint might be purely rooted in the user's personal position! All in all, it makes it pretty difficult and it's not something that we necessarily should be spending so much time on.

@juliet_bravo excellent, I don't think we have enough critical mass of folks here in MISC to evaluate politics and religion critically and fairly, they are woven deeply in our lives, sure, but there was no balance in subjective and objective thoughts (even less so with evidence based quality (academic) referencing) . You may want to consider to include gender as well (in its equality context).
Edited by: "splender" 1st Mar 2018
hotdeals is a german company?

seb has contacted the führer (living in happy paraguayan retirement) to ask his opinion on whether or not religious threads should be banned.

in the meantime, let the jakobskirche.bell ring out in celebration :

bbc.co.uk/new…993
majestic201249 m ago

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

sumus
deleted193256
no religion or politics, but plenty of mods/admins putting ads in misc masquerading as discussion
catbeans10 m ago

But but you can now win a Lego Porsche (Dear mods please don't …But but you can now win a Lego Porsche (Dear mods please don't remove me from the competition, if anything add more tickets because of my bants)

Top bantz
Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 54 m ago

Bye bye HUKD you nuked the selling page so now your nuking misc, if you …Bye bye HUKD you nuked the selling page so now your nuking misc, if you really can't be bothered being mods then dont bother having misc in the first place just dont be surprised when your site traffic drops even more so and with it of course your revenue.Maybe you admin should look up the definition of the term miscellaneous before you cut off peoples right to free speech, if we can not speak of religion, politics or current events you've pretty much nuked every subject of human debate and conversation since the dawn of time.I suppose the only subjects left are shopping unless we want to discuss things like toys r us going bust etc.Kill the site go on your choice, plenty ready to replace you.

HUKD servers, HUKD domain, HUKD rules apply.

It was fun while it lasted but no point getting your clackers in a twist over a few pixels, there are plenty of other places where you can release your opinions to a wider audience if you so desire.
Thread tidied again. Any posts quoting deleted posts will be removed. I'm all for having banter and a laugh. However on this occasion this thread is for serious discussion relating to the matter at hand and off topic posts will be removed as it is a feedback thread and pinned to misc for info and not chit chat.

As you were

yours, The fun sponge!
Comments which do not respect individual freedom of speech*

Isn't that a contradictory oxymoronic comment? If an user cannot comment or remark on current affairs, politics or religion isn't that the worst form of censorship, and contrary to your statement of respecting an individual's freedom of speech? (playing devils advocate).

Understandable that the Administrators have decided to adjust their code of conduct to prevent discrimination, derogatory comments, racial and religious intolerance, but simply having a blanket ban all topics that influences, affects, and shapes our daily lives unfair? If the Administrators and Moderators were concerned about the gradual decline in the Miscellaneous Forum content wouldn't a visible stern warning, deterrent, or prior notice before taking these drastic actions? Unfortunately the UK users haven't had their own opportunity to state their feedback, or present a viable alternative.

As with many forums, websites and search engines, the companies have decided to follow a similar line as HotUKdDeals simply either creating a stricter code of conduct, change their terms and conditions, or stop public feedback altogether (IMDB). This way stopping adverse publicity but also the time and cost to moderate those boards. I'm saddened by the change, as in all intents and purposes leaving very few topics to discuss, and will probably be the demise of the Miscellaneous section, but it is a Deals website first and foremost.
Simon01/03/2018 12:19

Hi @Uranus I've removed part of your reply as the singling out of any …Hi @Uranus I've removed part of your reply as the singling out of any member is not permitted. This would need to be directed to Contact form to query. However i can confirm that we mods just use our own accounts for all replies and partaking in the site and don't 'offer protection' to anyone. We are not the mafia

All you've done unfortunately is confirmed my suspicions about the protected status of the individual in question.
I stated that posts and threads where he gets criticised often seem to get deleted or locked, and here we are again with the moderation in favour of that dear fellow.
nemesiz14 m ago

Comments which do not respect individual freedom of speech*Isn't that a …Comments which do not respect individual freedom of speech*Isn't that a contradictory oxymoronic comment? If an user cannot comment or remark on current affairs, politics or religion isn't that the worst form of censorship, and contrary to your statement of respecting an individual's freedom of speech? (playing devils advocate).Understandable that the Administrators have decided to adjust their code of conduct to prevent discrimination, derogatory comments, racial and religious intolerance, but simply having a blanket ban all topics that influences, affects, and shapes our daily lives unfair? If the Administrators and Moderators were concerned about the gradual decline in the Miscellaneous Forum content wouldn't a visible stern warning, deterrent, or prior notice before taking these drastic actions? Unfortunately the UK users haven't had their own opportunity to state their feedback, or present a viable alternative.As with many forums, websites and search engines, the companies have decided to follow a similar line as HotUKdDeals simply either creating a stricter code of conduct, change their terms and conditions, or stop public feedback altogether (IMDB). This way stopping adverse publicity but also the time and cost to moderate those boards. I'm saddened by the change, as in all intents and purposes leaving very few topics to discuss, and will probably be the demise of the Miscellaneous section, but it is a Deals website first and foremost.

Well made point on respect for the individual and freedom of speech (the same old controversial chestnut).

@juliet_bravo Could you tell us what the asterisk means in this "....individual freedom of speech*" Is this asterisk notation limiting and referring to the 5 asterisk'ed items immediately below?
Uranus1st Mar 2018

All you've done unfortunately is confirmed my suspicions about the …All you've done unfortunately is confirmed my suspicions about the protected status of the individual in question. I stated that posts and threads where he gets criticised often seem to get deleted or locked, and here we are again with the moderation in favour of that dear fellow.

I'll remove anything that targets any member on a individual basis. Whatever their views i'm not here to judge but it's my responsibility to ensure individuals aren't targeted. I can't convince you otherwise and that's ok but i'd do the same if it was you or any other member being picked out.

Remembering everything everyone said on top of moderating hundreds of deals daily you give me too much credit I was a long time miscer before i was a mod and know how misc can be very well. But if you have any issues with anything the individual has posted and don't want to report them but want me to take a look at the comments then please PM me and i will look into it for you.
about time
some threads can get very hatefull
Edited by: "missismop" 1st Mar 2018
Uranus1st Mar 2018

All you've done unfortunately is confirmed my suspicions about the …All you've done unfortunately is confirmed my suspicions about the protected status of the individual in question. I stated that posts and threads where he gets criticised often seem to get deleted or locked, and here we are again with the moderation in favour of that dear fellow.

Correct
When telling the truth becomes a crime, freedom of speech is constantly under attack from *******, I can not even finish the sentence now as I will be accused of some kind of discrimination.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 1st Mar 2018
TV licence is still on the table though, right?
SOUTHWALES01/03/2018 15:13

When telling the truth becomes a crime, freedom of speech is constantly …When telling the truth becomes a crime, freedom of speech is constantly under attack from *******, I can not even finish the sentence now as I will be accused of some kind of discrimination.

I can totally understand the frustration but to keep perspective the site in predominantly a deal site for sharing deals and there can be plenty of chat/laughs to be had in misc. While i'm sure the 'freedom of speech being taken away' will keep coming up it's not what we are trying to do. We are trying to make the forum a more inviting and less troublesome place for people. There are countless places people can talk about politics or religion but from my own personal situation when working the time spent dealing with spats and fall outs over these topics can be all consuming and it's time that is better spent engaging with members rather than playing babysitter to them.

And there is always the weather to talk about, it's what us Brits love the most
Simon01/03/2018 15:50

I can totally understand the frustration but to keep perspective the site …I can totally understand the frustration but to keep perspective the site in predominantly a deal site for sharing deals and there can be plenty of chat/laughs to be had in misc. While i'm sure the 'freedom of speech being taken away' will keep coming up it's not what we are trying to do. We are trying to make the forum a more inviting and less troublesome place for people. There are countless places people can talk about politics or religion but from my own personal situation when working the time spent dealing with spats and fall outs over these topics can be all consuming and it's time that is better spent engaging with members rather than playing babysitter to them.And there is always the weather to talk about, it's what us Brits love the most

I'm sure pepper could dip into their massive pockets to employ a few more people to do the job specified, but if they just want to mess with a highly successful formula even more so until the site dies so be it. But we have seen it many times before haven't we, a site becomes hugely successful then is sold to someone else who doesn't like it and thinks they can make it better by changing it to their vision, it never turns out well.
Is @Juliet_Bravo's quasi-religious belief that the new frontpage design doesn't remain a total disaster why updates on promised design improvements have gone completely silent? Pre-preemptively moderating yourself?
Segata-Sanshiro01/03/2018 15:57

I'm sure pepper could dip into their massive pockets to employ a few more …I'm sure pepper could dip into their massive pockets to employ a few more people to do the job specified, but if they just want to mess with a highly successful formula even more so until the site dies so be it. But we have seen it many times before haven't we, a site becomes hugely successful then is sold to someone else who doesn't like it and thinks they can make it better by changing it to their vision, it never turns out well.

That's above my remit and nothing to do with me. If it was i'd have a cleaner, a PA, Meals on Wheels the list is endless

Like i say though, i can see it from both sides and understand it's frustrating. But if we add a touch of reality and see it from this side and i were to share with you some of the abuse and death threats i've had in my time as a Mod it also shows how OTT and carried away some people get about things. However i'm confident the powers that be will monitor and listen to all comments
Simon01/03/2018 16:02

That's above my remit and nothing to do with me. If it was i'd have a …That's above my remit and nothing to do with me. If it was i'd have a cleaner, a PA, Meals on Wheels the list is endless Like i say though, i can see it from both sides and understand it's frustrating. But if we add a touch of reality and see it from this side and i were to share with you some of the abuse and death threats i've had in my time as a Mod it also shows how OTT and carried away some people get about things. However i'm confident the powers that be will monitor and listen to all comments

Death treats are common on the internet, it has nothing to do with cutting off peoples right to free speech about essentially all the topics day to day which are actually classed as news, you'd get death threats from someone posting a deal about clothes pegs or a thread about fluffy bunnies
deleted1431257
What about threads on Football? Some people consider football and supporting football teams like a religion (which I admit I have taken advantage heavily in ripping them fans to shreds in recent years, particularly Everton fans).
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 1st Mar 2018
hass1231st Mar 2018

What about threads on Football? Some people consider football and …What about threads on Football? Some people consider football and supporting football teams like a religion.

Its also classed as news.

33356613-jMzEc.jpg

Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 1st Mar 2018
Segata-Sanshiro01/03/2018 16:09

Death treats are common on the internet, it has nothing to do with cutting …Death treats are common on the internet, it has nothing to do with cutting off peoples right to free speech about essentially all the topics day to day which are actually classed as news, you'd get death threats from someone posting a deal about clothes pegs or a thread about fluffy bunnies

That they are but it shows how ridiculous people are on the internet and how they tend to lose all sense of reality and it's for reasons like that we end up in a position like this as some people can't be civil or respectful. It's a sad truth i'm afraid.

We could go back and forth about it all day but it won't change anything and the decision has been made. It is then upto people individually to decide how that effects them. The Misc section will continue to be here for people to discuss any other number of topics but not these ones.
hass12301/03/2018 16:09

What about threads on Football? Some people consider football and …What about threads on Football? Some people consider football and supporting football teams like a religion (which I admit I have taken advantage heavily in ripping them fans to shreds in recent years, particularly Everton fans).

As it stands we have no problem with footy chat but as with any conversation if it becomes abusive then it will be dealt with in line with the code of conduct.
deleted1431257
Simon01/03/2018 16:17

As it stands we have no problem with footy chat but as with any …As it stands we have no problem with footy chat but as with any conversation if it becomes abusive then it will be dealt with in line with the code of conduct.

How about KFC deals leading to the Halal debate, and people posting fake images of fried rat and dodgy burgers?
Simon01/03/2018 16:13

That they are but it shows how ridiculous people are on the internet and …That they are but it shows how ridiculous people are on the internet and how they tend to lose all sense of reality and it's for reasons like that we end up in a position like this as some people can't be civil or respectful. It's a sad truth i'm afraid.We could go back and forth about it all day but it won't change anything and the decision has been made. It is then upto people individually to decide how that effects them. The Misc section will continue to be here for people to discuss any other number of topics but not these ones.

So the actions of the few are used to censor the actions of the many when there is no evidence that such controls has any affect on the actions the new rules are blamed upon, that's whats known as a slippery slope.

Can you define what any of this even means because its as clear as mud.

• Miscellaneous discussions based on political events / news
Anything new is news and events happen every second what is news and events?

• Miscellaneous discussions based on religious persuasion
So no posts about Christmas?

• Comments or discussion which contain religious or political bias
All people have religious or political bias, a Christian is bias in favour of their chosen religion just as a labour voter is biased in the ideology of socialism.

• Comments which do not respect individual freedom of speech
Thats a oxymoron.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions