Shell Energy Are Offering "Free" Broadband Until January 2023

Posted 12th Sep 2022
Shell energy broadband are going to offer free broadband until January 2023

Text below taken from ispreview
ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml

Broadband ISP and energy provider Shell Energy will later this morning launch a new promo, which is to offer “free broadband” until January 2023 to both new and existing customers who take one of their Fast, Superfast Fibre, Superfast Fibre Plus, Ultrafast Fibre or Ultrafast Fibre Plus plans

The promotion, which is expected to be available to take until 30th October 2022, does however come with some caveats. For example, it will not be available to those on Shell Energy’s Full Fibre (FTTP) products and existing customers will only be able to benefit if they are currently in receipt of an End of Contract Notification (ECN) letter / email for their package.

In addition, the deal is only available to those taking out an 18-month contract term and the “free” aspect does not extend to other charges, such as for call plans and postage, which are still applicable and will be charged separately.

As usual, Shell’s broadband packages all come with unlimited usage, an included wireless router, free activation and copper line rental with standard call rates (only valid on FTTC and G.fast plans). Some of their broadband packages will also introduce a change to their current pricing later this morning (all on 18-month terms). As above, some of these plans will be free until the start of 2023.

Being honest, I'm not overly certain it's a great deal, however i guess you guys can make your mind up about it, I'll add a few related deals below for comparison, and my discussion on cheap broadband for those on universal credit etc.

Let me know what you think, and if it's a good scheme, would be nice if others followed suit, maybe this is a reaction to this from hyperoptic

Broadband tariffs for people on certain benefits - hotukdeals.com/dis…502

"Free" 9 month broadband from hyperoptic - hotukdeals.com/dis…916

Advice from members for deals to take out other than virgin - hotukdeals.com/dis…100

Tips on boosting your wifi signal - hotukdeals.com/dis…758

Which broadband company would you recommend - hotukdeals.com/dis…616

Broadband
Virgin
Vodafone
BT
Superfast Broadband
A simple guide to cheap broadband

Deals

150mb community fibre credit £431
hotukdeals.com/dea…228

516mb virgin fibre credit £684
hotukdeals.com/dea…098

150mb community fibre £239 credit
hotukdeals.com/dea…601

150mb with hyperoptic £431
hotukdeals.com/dea…168

Vodafone 67m £528 (24m) credit
hotukdeals.com/dea…163

50mb hyperoptic £16.99
hotukdeals.com/dea…409
Community Updates
New Comment

24 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    IBobMyHead
    Well done. You posted a discussion instead of a deal. The bias is so strong against some firms (sky, shell) that even if they offered a lifetime of free fish and chips with broadband, it would still be voted colder than Siberia. (edited)
    MrSwitch Author
    Why do you think i posted as a discussion
    phox
    Basically just three months free if you take an 18 month package ain't it?

They can prise my £20/mo 67mb BT 30day from my cold dead hands (edited)
    Asharxxiii
    How did you get 30day BT? I could never find that
    theADDict
    interesting
    . Already on shell superfast fibre plus... Originally £21 a month, but since risen to £21.99
    But I got cashback of £85.

So... Averages £16.9ish a month

Looking at Quidco, they are saying final average of £18.82 a month

Unless there is a way to find cashback plus free months ??
    Else this deal ain't much of a deal
    MrSwitch Author
    This isn't a deal, it's a discussion
    Kemuel_Alexander
    Do you think this has anything to do with the massive profits they've been making?
    Mckee118
    I was thinking that too. Have we been paying peoples 'free broadband' for months now?
    yeahbutitsnotfree
    So can I cancel it after the free period
    phox
    Nope
    UnbearableBob
    Each to their own, but Shell Energy have, in my opinion, quite comfortably managed to acquire themselves the worst customer service advisors I have ever had to endure.
    They took over my mother's landline only account from the Post Office in March, & they have gone from one cataclysmic blunder to another. Their website is garbage, & constantly down. It usually takes them weeks to reply to a simple email enquiry, & ringing them always takes a minimum of 40 minutes to get through. Even then their advisors are all seemingly poorly trained , 9 times out of 10 they can't answer your query anyway, without putting you on hold for another lengthy period, transferring you eventually to someone else that can't help you. A constant cycle of ineptitude followed by an apology. I would avoid them at all costs. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants