Which is a decent 80”+ TV to buy?

Posted 10th Jun 2023
Hey all, help needed please in choosing a large tv. I can see that there are a number of options available from LG, Samsung, Hisense and even TCL. Will I be able to get a decent one for under £3k now? Or any imminent price drops to be aware of?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Thank you, looks gorgeous and solid specs too for the price. But for us £3k itself is bit of a push. I guess we can wait and save up more.
    Not a Panasonic. My less than 2 year old model is incredibly buggy and my previous (top of the line) one failed just outside the 5-year warranty.
    LG are good for price: performance but aren't famed for reliability either.

Don't hear many bad reports about Sony but I find them pretty expensive relative to others.

My next TV will probably be a Samsung . I would personally look for one with a 5-year warranty as modern TV's do fail and 80"+ TVs still aren't cheap. Should check out Richer Sounds etc as their service is very good imo. £3K is a healthy budget and you should be able to pick up a very good 4K 85" model for under £2K as they are now pushing 8K as the next big thing.
    Author
    Thanks a lot! Generally heard positive reviews about Panasonic even in this forum. Definitely an eye opener.

Agree about the 5 year warranty, being Costco member - I am checking there too since they have the same. Also Richer Sounds as you mentioned.

Under 2k? Do you have any suggestions please?
    Think I need new glasses again (just got some recently) - I read it as Which is a decent 80s TV to buy? (Cognitive bias from me probably as I watch so many retro tech history and teardown videos).
    Author
    And you are an editor assistant
    Tcl 98inch

50510088_1.jpg50510088-7Peg8.jpg (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants