Amazon free storage

Posted 16th Mar 2023
Amazon gives users free storage of 5GB for photos and videos which you can share with others using their app or download their share program to a pc. Videos can't be played online if they are longer than 20 minutes. You can create directories (albums) and send links to others. Very similar to gmail storage.
With prime, the storage of photos is supposed to be unlimited but still only 5GB of video
More details here
amazon.co.uk/b/r…031

Besides sharing among others, who don't have to have accounts with Amazon (it seems) I can see it as useful to transfer files between between my mobile and my pc. Of course there are many other ways of doing that.
Also MAY be useful for people in countries that are blocked from receiving files from the West. Again there are lots of ways of doing that but KISS
Community Updates
Permanent Offers
New Comment

Categories

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Thetrout
    But as you say google (Gmail) comes with 15gb free, and is much easier to use? Amazon used to be good as it had unlimited space but that got removed a few years ago. Personally I pay £1.99 a month to google for 100gb and thats pretty much paid for using my credis for the google rewards credits you get for doing Surveys. It's also really easy to just create a new account on Gmail and get another 15gb free on each account.
    jasee Author
    Thanks for your reply, yes that's possible of course. There are also methods to link your cloud storage spaces together using free software. There is at least one free email client in another country which pretty well duplicates the facilities of Gmail. Probably there are others. Gmail or Googlemail used to be unlimited storage of course.
    I was surprised to find this facility as I've used Amazon since it began, but I have never heard of it from them. It's simple and you don't need an 'amazon' address.
    Personally, I keep all my emails with me which incidentally reduces my cloud storage space tremendously and the enviromental cost of that nowadays.
    bozo007
    I use Google simply because the space is available across all its services, not just Gmail.
    TristanDeCoonha
    My Prime subscription gives me unlimited photos and 5gb for other.
    Shutterfly is unlimited photos, but they want you to buy something once in a while.
    Degoo is 20gb with opportunity to earn more through "watchjng" adverts. But that extra needs renewing every 28 days
's avatar
Top Merchants