Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon Xbox Series X order possibly stolen.

Posted 11th Sep 2021
EDIT 13/9
Arrived safely today!

I managed to order a series x from amazon Thursday morning and delivery was supposed to be today. However I got an email just after midnight saying delivery was now next day. I changed it back to Saturday because I am not at work.

Been waiting in all day and the status has not changed since Friday 9am which is "Delay in delivery due to external factors" which I believe means they have lost my parcel!

Can't believe this is still happening!
Community Updates
New Comment

53 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I bought an Xbox from Amazon and the box had icing sugar on top with marzipan and raisins inside. It was definitely stollen.
    Haircut_10011/09/2021 19:09

I bought an Xbox from Amazon and the box had icing sugar on top with …I bought an Xbox from Amazon and the box had icing sugar on top with marzipan and raisins inside. It was definitely stollen.

honestly HUKD's should start handing out prizes for comments like this
    If something can’t be delivered today, no matter how much changing you do to get it delivered today it simply won’t. Why do people think they can force things (edited)
    Honestly, unless Amazon's tracking says delivered you should relax. Amazon will take care of you, don't worry.
    Author
    It arrived safely today. Thanks everyone for the advice and comments
    Relax, there is nothing to suggest anything has gone wrong with your order, other than the added complication of having the delivery delayed.

Just wait it out
    Unlike the others, I think it's STOLEN
    I have had a shipping delay (rare, but it happens) and the item has shown up. I have also had a shipping delay and the item has went missing. So, it's anyone's guess at the moment.
    Author

I bought an Xbox from Amazon and the box had icing sugar on top with …I bought an Xbox from Amazon and the box had icing sugar on top with marzipan and raisins inside. It was definitely stollen.

You sure you didn't order the eggsbox bundle by mistake?
    If it`s being delivered by an Amazon courier it should be fine. I spoke to one a few months back who delivered my PS5 a day late and he said they were run off their feet as they only allow certain trusted drivers to deliver them.

I imagine it was a big restock so it will take longer than normal on some orders.

Just be happy it`s not being delivered by Hermes....

You better raise a claim with HUKD customer service, because I'm definitely stealing that joke!!
    Quartz_Jenkins12/09/2021 20:41

That’s terrible advice. They will simply go ahead and cancel the order. L …That’s terrible advice. They will simply go ahead and cancel the order. Leave the order sitting, the delay will likely rectify itself within a couple of days or failing that more stock will eventually arrive in a few days and the order will get shipped.

Amazon don't cancel orders without the customers say-so They might suggest it (doubt they will in this case). If I've had an order not turn up or go missing, assuming I've ordered from Amazon themselves, they simply ship out another. (edited)
    A similar thing happened with my PS5 order from Amazon (delayed in transit and tracking stopped working) but it arrived fine the next day. (edited)
    HazRyo11/09/2021 19:38

In case the worst happens Amazon have already provided the serial number …In case the worst happens Amazon have already provided the serial number of the Xbox. Report to Microsoft and get the console banned?That way the thief will have a hard time selling it.

Yep. You should report it ASAP, don’t wait a minute longer. The undelivered parcel is definitely stolen.
    Lucky you. Now you can buy a real console.
    HazRyo12/09/2021 14:06

On my order status page it still says 'Your package can still arrive on …On my order status page it still says 'Your package can still arrive on Saturday 11 September'! Not expecting to change until Monday at the earlist. I am going to wait a little longer to contact them as I do not want them to cancel and refund my order. They probably will not allow me to go on a waiting list (if one exists) to be first in line for the next restock.

Just contact them now and see what’s going on, if it’s not coming they will probably give you a gift voucher as an apology.
    louiselouise12/09/2021 21:10

Not sure where Quartz_Jenkins' comment went but I'd say it's very unusual …Not sure where Quartz_Jenkins' comment went but I'd say it's very unusual (and bad business practice) to cancel an order without a customer's agreement. It's never happened to me and I've been a customer of Amazon's for a very long time. It was also alleged that Amazon took payment for one item twice (never had that happen, either).

Agree. Another long time customer spending between 5-10k a year on Amazon.

They are always fantastic and when orders have gone missing normally around Christmas time they seem to lose the odd thing, they have simply sent another straight out. Most of the time the other one arrives a few weeks later and I send it back or get told to keep it. I’ve never had a payment taken twice unless I’ve ordered it twice by accident. It was cancelled very quickly. (edited)
    "Delay in delivery due to external factors"
    I haved had this twice, once when the van had been hit by a lorry (luckily) whilst driver was making a delivery.
    The second the driver got caught in a big drugs raid on several houses on an estate - the police busted about a dozen houses and basically locked the estate down for a couple of hours where no-one could leave or enter the estate.
    Author
    OK I have just got a 4 hour time window for delivery and a pass code for the driver

Now just gotta wait for delivery! Should have just waited before I got all flustered
    Patience is a virtue. Glad it worked out.
    louiselouise12/09/2021 21:10

Not sure where Quartz_Jenkins' comment went but I'd say it's very unusual …Not sure where Quartz_Jenkins' comment went but I'd say it's very unusual (and bad business practice) to cancel an order without a customer's agreement. It's never happened to me and I've been a customer of Amazon's for a very long time. It was also alleged that Amazon took payment for one item twice (never had that happen, either).

I have had them do this, just for misprices though. Even had orders completely disappear from the list without notification from Amazon.
    Quartz_Jenkins13/09/2021 23:55

I did no such thing. You appear to have, once again and as expected, …I did no such thing. You appear to have, once again and as expected, confused yourself.

My point is proven, I guess. I come on Ask to answer people's questions and be helpful.
    I bought some lube from Amazon and they sent me a cheap phone charger instead. Needless to say the night wasn’t as enjoyable as originally anticipated!
    DeafCassette14/09/2021 00:00

I bought some lube from Amazon and they sent me a cheap phone charger …I bought some lube from Amazon and they sent me a cheap phone charger instead. Needless to say the night wasn’t as enjoyable as originally anticipated!

Did you see the recent Amazon Warehouse 30% sale thread (won't linky as it's NSFW).
    Quartz_Jenkins13/09/2021 23:30

I was right though wasn’t I. Absolutely nothing needed “sorted out”, he let …I was right though wasn’t I. Absolutely nothing needed “sorted out”, he let the order sit, and got the series x today. Contacting Customer Services only ran the risk of them escalating the query to another department and some faceless agent simply cancelling the order. You’ve been made to look really silly, here.

But you werent but we can still keep arguing about it if you want, the agent wouldnt have cancelled it, and they would probably have given the OP a voucher for the delays.

HazRyo13/09/2021 17:24

It arrived safely today. Thanks everyone for the advice and comments …It arrived safely today. Thanks everyone for the advice and comments

I would send an email to jeff@amazon.com and tell them about your stress and the late delivery, they will probably still give you a voucher sometimes more than enough for a free game. Just got a £20 voucher for a delayed item just like this, and tempted to send another one for an item which should have been here yesterday but only dispatched this morning. (edited)
    It could be that the carrier doesn’t work Saturdays if it’s not through Amazon logistics
    Author
    deleted240282411/09/2021 18:19

It could be that the carrier doesn’t work Saturdays if it’s not through Ama …It could be that the carrier doesn’t work Saturdays if it’s not through Amazon logistics

Hope you are right. The tracking number starts with QA and doesn't say which courier they are using.
    HazRyo11/09/2021 18:24

Hope you are right. The tracking number starts with QA and doesn't say …Hope you are right. The tracking number starts with QA and doesn't say which courier they are using.

That’s Amazon logistics
    If you ordered thursday, then after midnight it said delivery was next day, wouldn't that still be saturday anyway ? Unless the email after midnight was today ? In that case you shouldn't expect it to come yoday as they clearly changed it for a reason (edited)
    Author
    Mark_Hickman11/09/2021 18:43

If you ordered thursday, then after midnight it said delivery was next …If you ordered thursday, then after midnight it said delivery was next day, wouldn't that still be saturday anyway ? Unless the email after midnight was today ? In that case you shouldn't expect it to come yoday as they clearly changed it for a reason

Ordered Thursday morning at 9.30am. Would not be at home Friday when they might have delivered.

When ordering I was just going through checkout as quickly as possible!

The date was saying Friday after email so I changed to Saturday. (edited)
    Probably Hermes wouldn't trust them to deliver anything.
    Author
    In case the worst happens Amazon have already provided the serial number of the Xbox. Report to Microsoft and get the console banned?

That way the thief will have a hard time selling it.
    Couple of years back had a One X delivered as "parcel handed to resident" when no one was in.

They eventually refunded but I never did find out what happened.
    nublets2k11/09/2021 19:54

Couple of years back had a One X delivered as "parcel handed to resident" …Couple of years back had a One X delivered as "parcel handed to resident" when no one was in. They eventually refunded but I never did find out what happened.

Not an Xbox but boyf ordered a motorcycle part and wanted it delivered same-day delivery. He's watching the Amazon guy out the bedroom window - the delivery guy buzzes the wrong building number, right next to mine, and (I assume) buzzes "my" flat number, wrong building.

Sure enough, minutes later "parcel posted through letterbox".

Amazon tell you, yes, they'll investigate but I'm sure they don't.

This has happened a few times, not many, but enough to be annoying. (Yes the buildings have clearly visible numbers).
    Thread title does not reflect the original post
    Tempest201211/09/2021 20:49

If it`s being delivered by an Amazon courier it should be fine. I spoke …If it`s being delivered by an Amazon courier it should be fine. I spoke to one a few months back who delivered my PS5 a day late and he said they were run off their feet as they only allow certain trusted drivers to deliver them.I imagine it was a big restock so it will take longer than normal on some orders. Just be happy it`s not being delivered by Hermes....

It wouldn’t be delivered
    deleted240282411/09/2021 20:51

It wouldn’t be delivered

Exactly!

Ordered an Oculus Rift from Amazon last year with Hermes as the Courier. They marked it as delivered but there was no sign of it. That was a hassle sorting that out....
    You should of been given a password that you and the driver will relay to each other when receiving the goods. If the customer doesn't have the password then the item won't be given to the customer.
    Author
    On my order status page it still says 'Your package can still arrive on Saturday 11 September'! Not expecting to change until Monday at the earlist.

I am going to wait a little longer to contact them as I do not want them to cancel and refund my order. They probably will not allow me to go on a waiting list (if one exists) to be first in line for the next restock.
    HazRyo12/09/2021 14:06

On my order status page it still says 'Your package can still arrive on …On my order status page it still says 'Your package can still arrive on Saturday 11 September'! Not expecting to change until Monday at the earlist. I am going to wait a little longer to contact them as I do not want them to cancel and refund my order. They probably will not allow me to go on a waiting list (if one exists) to be first in line for the next restock.

Just ride it out. The only way you won’t get that Series X is if you cancel the order. Just let the order sit. Worst comes to worst, you’ll simply get it when Amazon get another batch it in a week or 2 or 3. Just leave the order sitting. You’ll get it.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants