Best way to clean and repair this concrete shed wall?

Posted 10th Jun 2023
I usually just repaint this concrete shed wall every couple of years, but it's looking quite bad now. Can somebody please suggest the best way to clean it up and perhaps fix/stop the paintwork from flaking off, before I paint it again? In the second photo, you can see a patch of the white paint that has flaked off and showing the previous paint colour (orange) underneath. I'm hoping that it is not a case of scraping off the entire lot of white paint (the wall looks the same around the shed door at the front as well). Thank you.

4148427-khYl8.jpg
4148427-EhTe9.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    This perhaps? (edited)
    Hi, can you tell us which paint you have used before?
    The orange and the white?
    Thx
    The reason I ask this is because it looks like the orange paint has adhered but the white paint hasn't.

You won't be able to get away without scraping / wire brushing the loose stuff off before re-painting again either so you're better preparing yourself for that
    You may have to use a specific kind of paint this time or do certain prep work (like cleaning / jet washing) before putting new paint on too.
    Sometimes dirt stops paint adhering, sometimes it's not the right paint that's been used + lots of other reasons. (edited)
    Author
    I used just the white paint Cloe and it was masonry paint.
Discussions
Top Merchants