Fablon vs vinyl wrap?

Posted 5th May 2023
Considering doing up a few things around the house & wondering what the difference is between fablon & vinyl wrap?
Any tips, pointers etc?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Is there a fablon type covering which does come off without leaving sticky residue? Have some high gloss cabinets I'd like to recover with sommat fingerprint proof... (Apologies to jump on thread, op)
    If it was done properly and I mean that by someone who used vinyl wrap daily, i.e car, vehicles, signage companies than in theory you should never be able to tell, but majority of people that use vinyl rolls bought form a retailer aint that typr of experienced person.

You can get some decent removable vinyl, all vinyl is removable in one way or another, some can be peeled away, leaving little to no residue but more prone to to slipping and can be pita to wrap. Permanent normally requirs a heat source and los of elbow grease to scrub off the adhesive residue.

We have only ever used 3M branded stuff but D-C-Fix have some ok ranges, their permanent is ok to put on but after cured dont ever want to take it off, also needs heat to work with it when first applying. They do a non permanent and can get it in long lengths unlike Crafting stuff which typically only ever the width of the machines like cricut, cameo etc.

If it just for DIY then use D-C Fix as extra length will help you a lot and it cuts well in a plotter

Amazon sell a lot of d-c-fix and 3m based rolls but you have places like vinylwarehouse who sell wider rolls, and longer ones which for example means you can wrap and entire MDF based Door designed for Tall unit with one piece and one join line
    Both the same thing, fablon is just a brand name. Basically you want permanent self adhesive vinyl.

If you are renting ask first, if it's your own home and looking to sell make sure you tell people.

Nothing worse than viewing houses to find they plastered vinyl on stuff or they used chalk paint on things you shouldn't be painting because of tiktok videos
Discussions
Top Merchants