Heads Up. Craft Gin Club taking payments for previous "New Customer" offers if you've done multiple ones.

Posted 15th Jun 2023
i got an email today.
long story short. they've linked all accounts, added up what discounts have been achieved and billed the lot in one go.
there's some chat on the previous deal regarding what they've started doing and ways to try to prevent it happening.

may i suggest no one replies to the chat that's bound to come regarding "its your own fault" type posts.
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The t&c accepted at signup has, over time, been augmented with an everincreasing number of anti-abuse+recovery clauses.
    The supplier clearly feels comfortable with the latest additional clause fromaround April/May 2023 that includes the word "game",
    and victims customers could consider attempting to play a gameof claim if:
    the later t&c phrases did not apply at the time of initiating themost-recent account, or
    just for kicks.

Note the first two (and longest-standing) quotations below make emphatic statements that multiple-membership abuse is not possible,
    so any ability to configure multiple memberships is clearly an inbuilt feature of the operator's system,
    presumably to coerce additional sales and provide an opportunity to future-bill the customer for sales that would not otherwise have been achieved.

From prior to mid-April 2020:
    Existing members are unable to redeem offers by setting up multiple memberships.
    We only allow one intro offer per member
    CGC may submit periodic charges... without further authorisation from you until you provide prior notice that you have terminated this authorisation...

No later than 03 April 2023
    We reserve the right to charge such members setting up multiple memberships for the value of any referral offers applied to their accounts.
    We reserve the right to take additional payments from members where intro offers have been claimed in opposition to this policy

No later than 03 May 2023
    CGC reserves the right to take additional payments from existing or past members where introductory offers have been used in breach of this policy or to unreasonably “game” the system to achieve financial gain at Craft Gin Club’s expense.
    The first rule of Class Action is

Dont mention Class Action
    how bad was the bill?
    Author
    bad enough to turn me to drink.
    Malwarebytes give me a phishing alert for that website! Never seen that before, for any site...
    Thanks for the info.
    It’s possible to get a full refund if they’ve taken funds without your permission. If anyone needs help with the process just message me, happy to help.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants