Ps4 Minecraft dungeons hero edition where is dlc?

Posted 7th Sep 2021
Help
my son bought minecraft hero edition which comes with dlc stuff
It’s a PS4 disc on his ps5
he tries to get the dlc and it only shows as costing money. They game is meant to include hero pass and or dlc stuff . Not big on gaming and online tutorials show ps4 store he says those options are diff on ps5 so we can’t figure it out.
thanks in advance
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    pricklychin08/09/2021 00:10

What do you mean ? He went on ps store and it shows as a purchase to buy. …What do you mean ? He went on ps store and it shows as a purchase to buy. How do we get the free content on ps5?

pricklychin08/09/2021 00:11

I don’t think there is a browser on ps5

What I'm saying is to firstly look inside the game box to see if there is a card in there with a code on it to redeem the DLC, and secondly to try logging on to the PSN store via a browser on your PC to see if you can access the content that way. For example with PS+ games I have a PS4 but I want to "bank" the PS5 games for when I eventually get one but I can't see that content on my PS4 console itself so I access the PS Store via a web browser on my PC to see the content. I'm just saying that it might be worth you trying something similar to see if you can get access the DLC that way.

EDIT - You might also want to read this help section of the Minecraft website where it talks about this DLC.

help.minecraft.net/hc/…FAQ
    45555763-nyqzd.jpg (edited)
    pricklychin08/09/2021 09:07

Thanks , when we search for the down load stuff it costs to buy and …Thanks , when we search for the down load stuff it costs to buy and doesn’t show as free?

I dont know why you are searching for it but that isnt how it works!

If your up to date with the latest version all you do is go to the map screen and you choose a mission and you see the main world.

Then you can change from "MAINLAND" and go to the "ISLAND REALMS" in your case Jungle or the Snow one.

You don't go through a download procedure once the game is update to get this DLC. (edited)
    45556312-TYwhH.jpg
    45556321-DALkK.jpg
    has the right answer, i have this game.

The game came out before the DLC so you need to download it.

You also get a cape and pet which you can just add to your character from the inventory.
    Did he buy the game brand new or was it a used copy? Also has he tried using going to the PSN store on a web browser to see if he can trigger the DLC download that way? (edited)
    Author
    Haircut_10007/09/2021 22:27

Did he buy the game brand new or was it a used copy? Also has he tried …Did he buy the game brand new or was it a used copy? Also has he tried using going to the PSN store on a web browser to see if he can trigger the DLC download that way?

Brand new from the shop and sealed yes
    Author
    Haircut_10007/09/2021 22:27

Did he buy the game brand new or was it a used copy? Also has he tried …Did he buy the game brand new or was it a used copy? Also has he tried using going to the PSN store on a web browser to see if he can trigger the DLC download that way?

What do you mean ? He went on ps store and it shows as a purchase to buy. How do we get the free content on ps5?
    Author
    I don’t think there is a browser on ps5
    Author
    Haircut_10008/09/2021 06:42

What I'm saying is to firstly look inside inside the game box to see if …What I'm saying is to firstly look inside inside the game box to see if there is a card in there with a code on it to redeem the DLC, and secondly to try logging on to the PSN store via a browser on your PC to see if you can access the content that way. For example with PS+ games I have a PS4 but I want to "bank" the PS5 games for when I eventually get one but I can't see that content on my PS4 console itself so I access the PS Store via a web browser on my PC to see the content. I'm just saying that it might be worth you trying something similar to see if you can get access the DLC that way.EDIT - You might also want to read this help section of the Minecraft website where it talks about this DLC. https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360044974732-Jungle-Awakens-and-Creeping-Winter-DLC-FAQ[Image]

Thanks for the information. We don’t have a pc. We have ps app on phone connected but that’s all. Nothing on or in the box unfortunately. We can see the jungle world etc in store but it’s with a price tag attached only?
    Author
    groenleader08/09/2021 07:31

@Haircut_100 has the right answer, i have this game. The game came out …@Haircut_100 has the right answer, i have this game. The game came out before the DLC so you need to download it. You also get a cape and pet which you can just add to your character from the inventory.

Thanks , when we search for the down load stuff it costs to buy and doesn’t show as free?
    Author
    groenleader08/09/2021 09:09

I dont know why you are searching for it but that isnt how it works! If …I dont know why you are searching for it but that isnt how it works! If your up to date with the latest version all you do is go to the map screen and you choose a mission and you see the main world. Then you can change from "MAINLAND" and go to the "ISLAND REALMS" in your case Jungle or the Snow one. You don't go through a download procedure once the game is update to get this DLC.

I have no idea he’s ten and Ive never used a PlayStation since PLaystation one
    he can’t find it anywhere he says and was upset last night so I thought il ask people who know what they are doing. He installed the game discetc it took a while on ps5 so I assume it’s latest update that’s on there.

thanks for your help , he will come straight home from school and want to try again so I will show him this info!

cheers
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants