PS5 - Curry’s Order on 19th Nov : Dispatched but actually not...

Posted 23rd Nov 2020
Of all those who ordered in Curry’s at 06:29 on the 19th Nov, how many have actually received their console or had tracking details sent through?

Mine changed from Order Received to Dispatched on 20th Nov, despite me having no emails. I called and waited for 45 mins to speak to someone, as online chat unavailable. They said it was dispatched and was being deliver 24th Nov. Still no tracking details though.

Called today to check and they said I was emailed to tell me it wasn’t coming until 15th Dec and hasn’t been dispatched at all.

I have received no contact throughout.

I totally understand that stock is a major issue, but should have been told this and not advised wrongly.

Anyone had similar experience or even had theirs yet?
Community Updates
New Comment

88 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I got mine yesterday.
    Anonymous User
    I got a glitch order yesterday too
    My order on the 19th stated "expect delivery by Wednesday 25 November 2020"
    I've had the Great news email. "Your PS5 is on the way. Our team are getting your order ready to be dispatched today" and then silece.
    Tonight I got an email "We'll deliver your CurrysPCW parcel TOMORROW"
    We will send your 1 hour time slot as soon as your parcel leaves the local
    depot, this is usually by 11:00am.

Fingers crossed
    I'm in the same situation as you with regards to my Curry's order. I ordered at about 6:30AM. My order status is 'dispatched' and has been since 20th November. I've had zero e-mail showing tracking - last email I got was the one about receiving it before 15th December. They have taken payment also!

Not sure why they're marking them as dispatched if they're not actually dispatching them. I would guess they have to mark it as dispatched for payment to clear on their end? Then they are simply leaving us in limbo waiting around until they receive another wave of stock (which I assume will be in December).

I knew Curry's would probably let me down and because of the 'glitch' ordering I wasn't confident anyway - so I ordered from John Lewis on the same day. Console arrived 2 days later after ordering (and before they had even taken payment, unlike Curry's). They did send it out in a plastic mailing bag and it arrived with some box damage (I believe Curry's do the same thing), but at least I have one.

I feel bad for anyone who is waiting on Curry's to send your PS5 out - they have been shocking throughout. Not only did they announce on Twitter that all orders will be cancelled, they also offer terrible customer service and it seems as though each employee tells you something different. I do hope they manage to fulfil everyone's orders...
    Author
    Thanks to @mas123 and @Hass28 for confirming theirs too.
    Got mine yesterday too, was a 3:19am order via the glitch
    Anonymous User
    benpsmith23/11/2020 12:34

Thanks to @mas123 and @Hass28 for confirming theirs too.

Hope you get yours man I hate Currys John Lewis is way better
    Not relating to a PS5 order, but I did have the same experience when ordering a TV and phone from Curry's. They were marked as despatched long before they'd gone anywhere. Even the tracking numbers they sent didn't activate until several days later.

I know it's a common Ebay thing as their 'mark as despatch' is an automated process. But for Curry's to do it is so frustrating. I like shopping there, it's the one bricks and mortar shop that I might actually go out of my way to shop there. But I doubt I'll ever try anything mail order again, it's not worth the hassle.
    benpsmith23/11/2020 20:11

Nice that you’ve had better luck. Hopefully it arrives as planned. U …Nice that you’ve had better luck. Hopefully it arrives as planned. Unlikely not to, after getting the delivery email.I just logged in to check my status again and it now shows as In Progress, after being showing as Dispatched since last Friday.Probably did that to spite me after I politely queried it via Twitter DM earlier.I can live with it arriving or even being cancelled. Just can’t cope with not knowing as now lost all confidence.

The same has happened to me but I have not gotten in contact with support before, I would appreciate if you get any more updates to let us know: I will do the same
    I get the impression they've sent out all the consoles they had in stock.

Now they are leaving us waiting and fobbing us off whilst they await a new arrival of stock from Sony.

Then if anyone contacts they'll tell you it's being cancelled and you'll have to ask for a refund.

But if you don't contact (like I haven't yet), they are just hoping you are content to wait around with no updates as to when it's going to be packaged up and sent. Would explain their 'great news, your PS5 will be there by 15th December!'. Still doesn't make sense for them to mark orders as dispatched when they're not.

Also, the couriers are not the problem in regards to the issue at Curry's. I send out parcels every other day through my business, with a variety of couriers, and the parcels I'm sending are not arriving late - in fact most are arriving next day, or within 2 days.
    slimy3124/11/2020 07:53

I had that 'TOMORROW' message for my TV, but when I checked the tracking …I had that 'TOMORROW' message for my TV, but when I checked the tracking number they had not been picked up. It took another few days (and several 'TOMORROW' emails) before it arrived. Check whether the message has come from the courier or from Curry's. Either way, please let us know at 11 whether it's arrived? I'd be interested to see if they've sorted their issues.

All went ok, arrived & tracked fine.
    benpsmith25/11/2020 09:29

Gutted for me. It’s terrible being given the run around and being told r …Gutted for me. It’s terrible being given the run around and being told random snippets but not the bigger picture.I used the function on chat to email a copy of what was discussed, after being told it will definitely be with me by 15th Dec. Strangely, the transcript never arrived either me.

It arrived in my spam about 30 mins
    later for me
    So after all that messing about my order is now on the way, dpd have it
    benpsmith25/11/2020 21:30

Wow! That’s very cool!Chuffed for you. What time did you order and where i …Wow! That’s very cool!Chuffed for you. What time did you order and where in the country are you? Rough idea, not exact location btw. 🏽No sign of mine yet. Ordered at 06:29 and in Swansea area.

6:19 am Edinburgh
    benpsmith27/11/2020 07:36

[Image] Got this earlier. Hmmm...

I dont think you should worry about it. As long as you have a confirmed order, you'll get one when the new stock comes in which should be soon
    I seem to be in the same boat as the two folks stuck in the "order received" phase following the false "dispatched" status.
    I ordered mine at 06:30 in Wigan and haven't had anything since the initial confirmations and "by 15th December" in my spam email. I'll keep you posted also as we're around similar times. Fingers crossed all around, all my mates have theirs from initial pre order. I game share with one of them so I've paid for 2 games already that I can't play.. (edited)
    andrewhunter_8829/11/2020 03:34

I seem to be in the same boat as the two folks stuck in the "order …I seem to be in the same boat as the two folks stuck in the "order received" phase following the false "dispatched" status. I ordered mine at 06:30 in Wigan and haven't had anything since the initial confirmations and "by 15th December" in my spam email. I'll keep you posted also as we're around similar times. Fingers crossed all around, all my mates have theirs from initial pre order. I game share with one of them so I've paid for 2 games already that I can't play..

I think somewhere mentioned new stock before 4th December
    Gave them a call today out of curiosity. Apparently there's a batch being delivered this week but my name isn't on any of them, so will be more likely delivered nearer to the 15th December date. I'll just have to try and hold my patience a bit longer. I have been assured that I will be getting a delivery on or before that date though.
    benpsmith27/11/2020 07:36

[Image] Got this earlier. Hmmm...

You should be able to get a decent oven that plays the new Call of Duty
    A little heads up, they just told me that more stock will be out after the 15th.

Would someone be able to ask them and check to see if the other support workers are saying the same thing
    Author
    I have been rang and also gone on chat a few times and got nothing more than simply telling me it will be with me by 15th Dec.

I think you’re wasting your time trying to get more info out of the poor agent sitting in his lounge when we call. Not their fault, as not told anything more.

I managed to make a second order using BT code yesterday. Swore I wouldn’t order more than one, but just want to get one ready for Christmas. My brother told me his neighbour is desperate to get one for his Son, so my second one will go there for RRP if it gets here in time. Happy with that tbh.

As for BT’s comms vs Curry’s, it’s night and day. Their email was instant upon ordering and spelt it all out properly, down to expected delivery dates and the full process I can expect. Feel far more optimistic now tbh.

Curry’s could have easily find the same, but chose not to. (edited)
    Yeah I am still keeping my mind at 15th
    Yeah, that's a shame. Good luck and keep me updated
    Same with me switched to order confirmed this morning, I think we will get an email this week, like you my status has constantly been changing im not bothered as long as I get my order
    Yeah especially when I was told I would receive a call for whats going on.
    My order was at 6:40. Status changed to order confirmed and got the DPD email 30 mins ago saying delivery will be tomorrow.
    It's coming tomorrow. Just had an email and text with dispatch details. For reference I ordered around 06:30 on the 19th, hope everyone else's comes soon, it's been a journey.
    43033887-cNmrq.jpg
    DPD dispatch notification for delivery tomorrow. Ordered from Currys on19th at just after 7am
    Author
    Delivered this morning. A few dings in box corners but nothing huge despite being in a bag.
    Got mine earlier
    I know it’s no convenience for you but the pressure on couriers to deliver on time is enormous especially even more during pandemic. Unfortunately you are one of many that has been hit by it. Fingers crossed for you
    Author
    D3LL80Y23/11/2020 12:25

I know it’s no convenience for you but the pressure on couriers to deliver …I know it’s no convenience for you but the pressure on couriers to deliver on time is enormous especially even more during pandemic. Unfortunately you are one of many that has been hit by it. Fingers crossed for you

I am not aiming my query at the courier, I am aiming it at Curry’s as that’s where the disinformation is coming from. Nothing to do with courier at this point. No complaints towards DPD or any others in fairness.
    Author
    Dean_Lee23/11/2020 12:25

I'm in the same situation as you with regards to my Curry's order. I …I'm in the same situation as you with regards to my Curry's order. I ordered at about 6:30AM. My order status is 'dispatched' and has been since 20th November. I've had zero e-mail showing tracking - last email I got was the one about receiving it before 15th December. They have taken payment also!Not sure why they're marking them as dispatched if they're not actually dispatching them. I would guess they have to mark it as dispatched for payment to clear on their end? Then they are simply leaving us in limbo waiting around until they receive another wave of stock (which I assume will be in December).I knew Curry's would probably let me down and because of the 'glitch' ordering I wasn't confident anyway - so I ordered from John Lewis on the same day. Console arrived 2 days later after ordering (and before they had even taken payment, unlike Curry's). They did send it out in a plastic mailing bag and it arrived with some box damage (I believe Curry's do the same thing), but at least I have one. I feel bad for anyone who is waiting on Curry's to send your PS5 out - they have been shocking throughout. Not only did they announce on Twitter that all orders will be cancelled, they also offer terrible customer service and it seems as though each employee tells you something different. I do hope they manage to fulfil everyone's orders...

Thanks for the reply. Not on my own then, clearly.
    benpsmith23/11/2020 12:32

I am not aiming my query at the courier, I am aiming it at Curry’s as t …I am not aiming my query at the courier, I am aiming it at Curry’s as that’s where the disinformation is coming from. Nothing to do with courier at this point. No complaints towards DPD or any others in fairness.

But without the courier availability the company isn’t able to dispatch the product, so my assumption would be that it’s down to no availability of courier
    Author
    deleted183643823/11/2020 12:39

Hope you get yours man I hate Currys John Lewis is way better

I agree. Tried all day to get one elsewhere, but had no luck like most others. Much prefer John Lewis ideally.
    Author
    D3LL80Y23/11/2020 12:44

But without the courier availability the company isn’t able to dispatch t …But without the courier availability the company isn’t able to dispatch the product, so my assumption would be that it’s down to no availability of courier

That’s the issue though, I don’t think they have the item itself to actually request the courier collect. They’re just lying by adding it as Dispatched when it’s not even there to do so.
    benpsmith23/11/2020 12:56

That’s the issue though, I don’t think they have the item itself to act …That’s the issue though, I don’t think they have the item itself to actually request the courier collect. They’re just lying by adding it as Dispatched when it’s not even there to do so.

That is a possibility, pre-ordering a very popular item is often chaos. Good luck
    Curry’s cancelled mine without so much as an explanation. Unable to get through on the phone either.
    Author
    Nice that you’ve had better luck. Hopefully it arrives as planned. Unlikely not to, after getting the delivery email.

I just logged in to check my status again and it now shows as In Progress, after being showing as Dispatched since last Friday.

Probably did that to spite me after I politely queried it via Twitter DM earlier.

I can live with it arriving or even being cancelled. Just can’t cope with not knowing as now lost all confidence.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants