Selling smart watch to cex

Posted 19th Jun 2023
Today looked to trade galaxy watch 4 to cex for a voucher and noticed every watch they sell states no straps in the title.
Is this a hygiene thing ?
Im guessing i should remove my straps as they're in perfect condition and hope to sell them on or reuse them or would cex expect the straps even though it states no straps on their sales description?
Just checking because i sold a Huawei watch to them last year and it didn't state no straps back then but now they all appear to from what ive searched apple/samsung.
Seems weird they dont sell rubber straps that can be easily sanitized or washed
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I bought a galaxy watch from there, it came without straps but they did have a few different straps in from me to choose from separately. I'd guess that it makes the watch easier to sell as you can pick your own strap plus they make more money out of u lol
    You may be better off selling the bands separatly on somewhere like AVForums
    Author
    Thanks
    They take straps, but sell them separately.
    Author
    Looking at the straps they sell they're not apple/samsung etc.. branded, they're some generic leather hybrid ones
    Trade the watch and straps separately?
    Author
    Looked at that since making this post but they dont buy/sell samsung straps, they just sell some other branded ones i assume they get cheap from a supplier
    i sold mine on ebay for more
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants