Tv upgrade what to choose?

Posted 28th Jan 2023
Hi ,

I am looking to upgrade my current TV which now is about 5 years old.

my current TV is hisense h65ae6100

I use my TV mainly for netflix and gaming I have multiple consoles connected to my av receiver from ps2 , PS3 ps4/5 switch and series s.

My TV is very poor at hdr which I always disable when gaming and I feel that the picture quality on current TVs is much much better now days.

Can anyone recommend me a good upgrade I want to keep it 65" although I have seen some incredible deals on 70-75 inch which I wouldn't mind getting if the picture quality and HDR was an improvement.

I am very lost there is so many TV models and types of display , would appreciate any suggestions.

My budget is about £800.

thanks !
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Categories

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you want proper HDR, then your budget is too low for that size. You need very high brightness and contrast.
    Pretty much, it's possible to get a good tv for that money, but it'll be 55.
    You'll want to be in the LG C1 or Samsung neo qled range based on the description. You're about £500 short so you might want to to downgrade your picture quality requirements.
    Author
    Thanks , would there be any TVs that are worth buyin upgrading too in my price range if I dismiss hdr?
    Stick with your current Hisense for now and keep saving to increase your budget. If you want a 'Good' TV you basically need at least £1000 Which would get you a 65" Sony X90K. That's about the minimum standard for what I would call a worthwhile upgrade with great picture quality and motion handling. Or even more if you want to go down the OLED Route to make HDR look REALLY Good.

Sure you could throw out HDR From your requirements and get something better than your Hisense for less than the £800 Budget now. But you're basically just wasting that money when you already have a working TV that doesn't quite satisfy, which you would be replacing with another TV That doesn't really meet your desires either. You'd undoubtedly end up wanting to upgrade again sooner.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants