Where to buy paper lanterns?

Posted 30th Dec 2012
Hi.does anyone know where I can buy these? I've only just thought about setting these off at midnight new year, so left it too late getting them off ebay. Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

37 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    BigDave

Going to let off 100 now. Just to annoy these animal rights ponces.

You seem like a nice, considerate person.

Moron.
    They kill cows
    Doors

They kill cows

So do butchers.
    simonturner69

I hope one lands on your bitter, twisted face.

christmas is over I see
    The works (bookshop) had them 2 days ago. Cheap too.
    Going to let off 100 now. Just to annoy these animal rights ponces.
    inb4 cool story bro
    They start (forest) fires not to mention the wildlife injured through them
    miles136

inb4 cool story bro

inb4 inb4 cool story bro.

(not sure that works really?)
    fattyuk

inb4 inb4 cool story bro.(not sure that works really?)

nope soz
    They should be banned.
    the country folk could collect all the wire up and make things to sell to the townies, thus bringing work and wealth to rural areas

so buy loads
    simonturner69

Where did my comment go? :(People moan about everything!I suppose you all … Where did my comment go? :(People moan about everything!I suppose you all want fireworks banned as the stick from a rocket may hit a hibernating hedgehog.

but what if the hedgehog looked like this

16718796-RaI1m

We had them a few years back. Daughter asked for some when she had some friends round. They weren't all that really and if I'm honest the only real excitement was when they bobbed near a neighbours fence and a large tree down the road. Obviously, we wouldn't have found it funny if a fire had been started but seeing it bob near the fence and tree had the girls shrieking their heads off!

Wouldn't have them again as the girls are older now and would rather have the money spent on alcohol! Lol (_;)
    tilliesmummy

Thanks everyone. Wow I didn't think about any of this other than me and … Thanks everyone. Wow I didn't think about any of this other than me and my kids could make a wish and set them off...

thats how wars start
    Wilkinsons
    The Original factory Shop and Discount Stores had them last week.
    Poundland
    Saw them in pound land
    Doors

They kill cows

how?!
    Poundland/Poundworld/99p Store.
    daturastorm

how?!

cows eat 'em
    Poundstretcher sell them 1.49 each or 3 for £3 or they sell a box of 5 for 3.99
    Don't do it. They're chavvy, they're unsafe for you and anyone in the area when they take off (feel free to google for news reports of chinese lantern accidents, and kids being seriously burned because of them), and they end up landing in fields or in the sea adding more unsightly junk and pollution for wildlife to injure or poison themselves with.
    Not only do they kill farm animals etc they are also dangerous. A gust of wind or even a slight bit of wind and they will travel in any direction and often on to someone's property and start a fire, who knows you may be lucky and it will be your guttering that starts to burn. Would you really want to start a fire all for a few minutes of a pathetic lantern going up in the sky.
    goldmax

cows eat 'em

16718000-bnsWJ

Dont kid yourself jimmy.

They are terrible for wildlife and litter the countryside with the non-degradeable wire frames.

Don't buy them.

[img]rspca.org.uk/Ima…set?asset=image&assetId=1232729632927&imageSize=large&mode=prd[/img]
    willhay555

So do butchers.

Yes, my local butcher usually slaughters a cow in front of me when I pop in for some chops..

[img]willpowerthru.files.wordpress.com/201…png?w=300&h=230[/img]

The Works ( Book Shop ) sell them too.
    they do look good but after almost burning down a house in the next raod 3yrs ago I tend not to use them now
    I let some off a few years ago and I will have to admit I was abit worried about where they were going! I've got fields and parks etc near my house... and we'd just let floating firebombs float away.... there not clever really,
    Can't you buy tissue fully biodegradable ones?
    The frame can't be made of tissue or you may as well Chuck a petrol soaked bog roll up in the air. So no, they not completely biodegradable.
    Where did my comment go?

People moan about everything!

I suppose you all want fireworks banned as the stick from a rocket may hit a hibernating hedgehog.
    Safety advice here

http://www.flying-lanterns.co.uk/flying-lanterns-saftey.html

I didn't know about setting them off from a beach.
    Author
    Thanks everyone. Wow I didn't think about any of this other than me and my kids could make a wish and set them off...
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants