Your best glitch find

Posted 23rd Feb 2022
Hi all, just thought of creating a thread where we share our best glitch/deal finds ever! I’ll start:
1) when anthropologie had £15 off £15 spend.
2) boots YSL glitch. (Got 3 touché eclat for about £18!)
3) John Lewis Clinique glitch (recent one. Got £77 worth of stuff for £14 delivered)
4) this isn’t a glitch but once when BHS was closing down, they had loads of lighting already reduced and on top of that it was buy one get one free! Got some really nice chandeliers)
Community Updates
New Comment

28 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Jason
    Back in 2017 I managed to get a DJI Mavic Pro 4K Quadcopter Drone Fly More Combo + SD Card + Spare battery for £3.95 delivered Saving at the time a whopping £1363.99!

46966841-h5EfS.jpg
    The.Ghostbuster
    Not a glitch so much as a muck up by amazon, ordered a case to build a pc off warehouse and it came with a i7 7700, 16gb RAM, 500gb SSD, 1TB HDD & GTX 1070 in it fully built with a fresh install of window 10 on it back in 2018 .... total price £22.30.

abigsmurf23/02/2022 14:49

Tescos once did an awful "buy 1, get 2 free" on rubbish quality pizzas …Tescos once did an awful "buy 1, get 2 free" on rubbish quality pizzas that they tried to make people believe were worth £6 eachPeople didn't buy it and they had a massive fridge full of these pizzas marked down to £1. If you scanned through 3 at that price, it came through as effectively being -£6. Quckly ran over back to the fridge, got another 6 and got a huge amount off my weekly shop, as well as 9 (very mediocre) pizzas.

I did that with potatoes once, potatoes reduced down to 10p a bag just before closing, scanned 3 bags got like 30% off original price, I felt guilty after racking up £20 so lucky I'd grabbed a ps3/4 game (can't remember which) and came out with a trolley full of spuds and a game I wanted (edited)
    abigsmurf
    Tescos once did an awful "buy 1, get 2 free" on rubbish quality pizzas that they tried to make people believe were worth £6 each

People didn't buy it and they had a massive fridge full of these pizzas marked down to £1. If you scanned through 3 at that price, it came through as effectively being -£6. Quckly ran over back to the fridge, got another 6 and got a huge amount off my weekly shop, as well as 9 (very mediocre) pizzas.
    Kbckbc Author
    Mrcrazyman6923/02/2022 14:36

Garmin Forerunner 245 for £8. Another Garmin watch for free. Dell laptop …Garmin Forerunner 245 for £8. Another Garmin watch for free. Dell laptop usually around £270 for £90. Oneplus Nord 2 for £50. Recent Clinique glitch was very nice too. Thinking about it, there have been some very decent glitches in the last few months or so, much more than usual. I think all those I've just mentioned have been from Nov 2021.

Wow the garmin one is incredible! Where/when was that?
    OBone
    Mine was sofa from dunelm, should have been over a grand but they reduced it to £284 delivered:
    hotukdeals.com/dea…e=3
    tek-monkey
    Loads of good ones (and missed some amazing ones!), but most recent is the Samsung buds promo. First O2 messed up my order and wouldn't refund, expected me to wait til they had stock, to send them out, for me to refuse and send them back. They had no idea when stock was even coming! So as they refused I did a charge back 2 weeks later with paypal, who saw in my favour. 2 weeks after that O2 refunded it too so I was £198 up. Samsung then took ages to do the cashback and I bottled it, had 2 pairs I hadn't given away at xmas so sent them back for a refund then got the cashback anyway a week later, so another £180. Ended up giving 7 people nice headphones for xmas and got paid well over £300 for doing so!

Best was 11 pieces of pine furniture for a fiver, they even refunded my postage costs but sent them out regardless, still have some of them 13 years later.
    eelvis
    Under Armour £8.80each for waterproof jacket, shoes, golf trousers and golf polo. HOTUKDEALS winner.
    Kbckbc Author
    RamsMax23/02/2022 21:14

Currys glitch where everyone got a £300 gift card for free and S21 Ultra …Currys glitch where everyone got a £300 gift card for free and S21 Ultra for about £300 preorder have to be my best two

Wow!! when was the curry’s one? How did that happen? That’s amazing lol
    gravy_davey
    Not sure if this counts as a glitch but I was able to stack VM 108Mbit broadband with £100 off new contract + 2x £80 referral + £135 Quidco cash back. (And although not a “deal” got £50 back from our previous internet provider for poor service that made us switch in the first place.) Effectively meaning me and my family made £7 over the 18 month VM contract.
    teh.arn
    Got about 8 Garmin Forerunner watches for £8 delivered.
    Gave some to family and sold the rest to buy some gamecube games.

Also got a few Hudl Tablets (Tescos tablets) for free due to a glitch.

Free open outdoor cinema tickets etc.
    RamsMax
    Kbckbc24/02/2022 02:04

Wow!! when was the curry’s one? How did that happen? That’s amazing lol

It was a few years ago now. Currys had a misprice on a PS4 Pro and everyone had their orders cancelled, but at the same time they decided to send a £300 gift card to buy the PS4 Pro (or whatever we wanted). A lot of people got one (edited)
    liamf12
    Went to a large DIY shop on the way home from a night shift, for a cheap shower, after seeing advert in paper during shift.
    Couldn't find it so showed a member of staff the ad Another staff member said he'd just put one out and offered to get it.
    Got it home and wife commented on size of box, opened it to find 9 showers.
    I wanted to take them back but she said they'd be in trouble.
    Avoided shop for over 2 years then popped in one day. A friend appeared who had heard about the showers and shouted across the shop to me "Are you buying more showers." I made out I didn't know him and left quickly.
    minifig290
    Some of my best finds (not sure if any would count as glitch finds but very good deals)

LEGO IDEAS 21323 Grand Piano for £190.24 from Amazon Warehouse, apparently good as new but with the over £130 discount I expected it to be used or missing stuff but when it arrived everything was sealed apart from the damaged box. Retail was £320 at the time.

Also Sainsbury's giving the LEGO Harry Potter 75968 4 Privet Drive set a yellow sticker discount of £21.79 down from £65.

Tesco's Grocery App stock checker also got me some finds instore such as a XBOX Wired Controller for £6.25 from £30, Switch Pro Controller for £27.50, 2x GTA V XBOX for £3.75 each, 2x MediEvil PS4 games for £1.55 each, LEGO Infinity Gauntlet and Iron Man Helmet set for £30 each from £60 and £55. In all of these I had to ask staff to look for them as none were on the shelves but showed stock on the app, tbh I little hope of getting anything so to get a good range of stuffed I was pretty happy.

But by far my best is...

Currys Price Matching of Tesco clearance, apparently I wasn't supposed to have done it according to managers at two stores who refused, but over 6 successful trips over 2 or 3 weeks got £1034.75 of Nintendo Switch Games and Controllers for just £322.50 this included three pro controllers, four sets of joy cons, two AC adapters and 16 Switch games. Overall 69% savings. In two hauls from two stores, I got the most value for the least, with £852.25 worth of stuff for £140
    billbobargins
    when tesco done them 1p deals there was Cadbury mini eggs posted. went along cleared the shelf and they turned out to be BOGOF as well and the woman at self-service till approved them
    Kbckbc Author
    Just remembered, I once bought something off eBay in their 10% off promo, so basically £50 discounted. Turns out that the seller was a scam so the order was cancelled and my money refunded. Called eBay and they offered me a £50 voucher (so that I could still avail the discount as the 10% off promo had ended). But this £50 voucher had no minimum spend so basically free £50 from eBay 😋

I also once got a big rug from wayfair. The colour wasn’t as I thought it would be so I contacted customer service to say that I wanted to return it n how to go about it. The guy offered me a 20% discount, I declined (as the colour did not match with my decor so no point I. Keeping it). He then offered me a 35% discount, I declined again. He was insistent on somehow getting me to keep it n asked what discount would I like. I said okay fine 50%. He said sorry we can’t do that. So I said yea okay pls tell me how to return. And he just refunded the whole amount and told me to ‘dispose’ of it. Lol. I found it strange that he couldn’t offer me a 50% discount but then proceeded to actually give me a 100% discount! (edited)
    jez794
    Got a silent night king-size duvet from Tesco for £1.25 and once ordered 400 kindle covers for £4 on Amazon, ended up giving them to charity as had no clue what to do with them 😁
    WingyB
    Random packages turning up from Amazon with my wife's name on them,headphones being one,a crappy watch,Easter stickers,they've stopped now
    Mrcrazyman69
    Garmin Forerunner 245 for £8. Another Garmin watch for free. Dell laptop usually around £270 for £90. Oneplus Nord 2 for £50. Recent Clinique glitch was very nice too. Thinking about it, there have been some very decent glitches in the last few months or so, much more than usual. I think all those I've just mentioned have been from Nov 2021.
    Mrcrazyman69
    Kbckbc23/02/2022 14:38

Wow the garmin one is incredible! Where/when was that?

Amazon Black friday 2021 I believe. The watch was £148, but there was a £140 voucher to use.

The.Ghostbuster23/02/2022 14:51

Not a glitch so much as a muck up by amazon, ordered a case to build a pc …Not a glitch so much as a muck up by amazon, ordered a case to build a pc off warehouse and it came with a i7 7700, 16gb RAM, 500gb SSD, 1TB HDD & GTX 1070 in it fully built with a fresh install of window 10 on it back in 2018 .... total price £22.30.I did that with potatoes once, potatoes reduced down to 10p a bag just before closing, scanned 3 bags got like 30% off original price, I felt guilty after racking up £20 so lucky I'd grabbed a ps3/4 game (can't remember which) and came out with a trolley full of spuds and a game I wanted

That pc case error sounds incredible! I wonder how they even messed up that badly.. (edited)
    Kbckbc Author
    abigsmurf23/02/2022 14:49

Tescos once did an awful "buy 1, get 2 free" on rubbish quality pizzas …Tescos once did an awful "buy 1, get 2 free" on rubbish quality pizzas that they tried to make people believe were worth £6 eachPeople didn't buy it and they had a massive fridge full of these pizzas marked down to £1. If you scanned through 3 at that price, it came through as effectively being -£6. Quckly ran over back to the fridge, got another 6 and got a huge amount off my weekly shop, as well as 9 (very mediocre) pizzas.

Lol great! My mum once had a similar experience, can’t remember what it was. She had to buy random stuff in order to get the total to a bit above £0
    CalmerChameleon
    I ordered £600 worth of e-cigarette gear from an online vendor. Paid online. It must have glitched because they sent me an email asking if I could provide proof of payment, which I did. Happy that they had been paid, the proceeded with the order...

A few days later, they sent me the order... Twice.

I checked my account and yep, they had only charged me once. So I kept the second box aside wondering when they would call me up or send for a courier to pick them up... 3 months later, still no word, so I just kept them!
    joegoody
    Not really a glitch but I was after a camera that had a £200 cash back offer from Panasonic. It was in John Lewis for £700, then you claim the cashback from the manufacturer. Found it £50 cheaper from another retailer so asked JL to price match which they did
    However, the other retailer was advertising the price on their site INCLUDING the cashback ie £450. JL matched that price without really looking (it was busy christmas period), and then I claimed the £200 back from panasonic so I essentially got double cashback.
    .MUFC.
    There was a free speaker and something else with the purchase of a Nokia Lumia 920, You get a code that you had to redeem. When I redeemed my code it kept glitching, I did it re-entered it several times. Thought nothing of it, In fact I'd forgot I'd redeemed them. Gets a parcel a week or so later with several of each item. I can't remember what the second item was but I do know I sold them on Ebay for a nice profit.

The best glitch I've had was on a Huawei Mate Pro 20 black Friday cashback deal. Vodafone ended up writing off over £600. For some reason they had added the contract to an old Vodafone account and it was stuck on a certain date. Eventually they resolved it and wrote off the accumulating bill. So Mobile phones direct and Vodafone have basically paid me to have a top spec phone with loads of data etc.. I've still got the Huawei Mate Pro 20 and renewed my contract to a sim only deal. (edited)
    PonJaul76
    Two lots of £300 Lego, charged once and tracking failed at collection point. Lego sent a replacement to the home address and then strangely the original arrived a few days after to home rather than the collection point. Sold the duplicate order for almost rrp and ended up with £300 of Lego that cost about £20
    Kbckbc Author
    tek-monkey23/02/2022 16:57

Loads of good ones (and missed some amazing ones!), but most recent is the …Loads of good ones (and missed some amazing ones!), but most recent is the Samsung buds promo. First O2 messed up my order and wouldn't refund, expected me to wait til they had stock, to send them out, for me to refuse and send them back. They had no idea when stock was even coming! So as they refused I did a charge back 2 weeks later with paypal, who saw in my favour. 2 weeks after that O2 refunded it too so I was £198 up. Samsung then took ages to do the cashback and I bottled it, had 2 pairs I hadn't given away at xmas so sent them back for a refund then got the cashback anyway a week later, so another £180. Ended up giving 7 people nice headphones for xmas and got paid well over £300 for doing so!Best was 11 pieces of pine furniture for a fiver, they even refunded my postage costs but sent them out regardless, still have some of them 13 years later.

Wow!!
    PonJaul7623/02/2022 16:47

Two lots of £300 Lego, charged once and tracking failed at collection …Two lots of £300 Lego, charged once and tracking failed at collection point. Lego sent a replacement to the home address and then strangely the original arrived a few days after to home rather than the collection point. Sold the duplicate order for almost rrp and ended up with £300 of Lego that cost about £20

And wow!!
    These are brilliant!
    Ferris
    Mrcrazyman6923/02/2022 14:36

Garmin Forerunner 245 for £8. Another Garmin watch for free. Dell laptop …Garmin Forerunner 245 for £8. Another Garmin watch for free. Dell laptop usually around £270 for £90. Oneplus Nord 2 for £50. Recent Clinique glitch was very nice too. Thinking about it, there have been some very decent glitches in the last few months or so, much more than usual. I think all those I've just mentioned have been from Nov 2021.

Missing that Nord is going to haunt my dreams for decades

No glitches ever. I seem to spend hours on this site and miss anything worthwhile. (edited)
    RamsMax
    Currys glitch where everyone got a £300 gift card for free and S21 Ultra for about £300 preorder have to be my best two
    Kbckbc Author
    Jason24/02/2022 09:23

Back in 2017 I managed to get a DJI Mavic Pro 4K Quadcopter Drone Fly More …Back in 2017 I managed to get a DJI Mavic Pro 4K Quadcopter Drone Fly More Combo + SD Card + Spare battery for £3.95 delivered Saving at the time a whopping £1363.99![Image]

Wow!!! How!!
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants