Is Lyca Mobile now using the EE network?

Posted 26th Jun 2023
My Lyca sim is currently connected to the EE network. Is this just a glitch or have Lyca moved to EE?
Community Updates
New Comment

27 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    tombowler
    im fuming i got a much better signal when it was o2 , im now on the lookout for a cheap sim thats o2 network !
    jayesh15
    I'm exactly the same. Might jump back to lebara as they use Vodafone who I get a decent signal with.
    mutley1
    that is good news as EE is much better coverage than O2. will try them myself if they are now with EE as they were very poor on O2
    afn
    Getting 50 down and 20 up since they changed to EE. Couldn’t even get a speedtest to register when was O2
    ozodimal
    FWIW, I have had no Lyca/O2 signal for two days now. On a hunch, I switched off the phone, removed and replaced the sim card, and switched back on again. Still no signal. Went to Settings and changed Lyca Sim Card from LTE preferred network type to Prefer3G. Signal instantly changed from zero to three bars.

Called wife (different network), she called me, sent her SMS, she sent me one. All OK other than SMS from me had a different originating number to mine (changeover glitch, which may clear?). Anyway, back in business and hope it helps someone.
    AndyRoyd
    Looks like Lyca had a 30-days rolling contract with
    the most reliable network o2
    and has now ported from the most reliable network,
    and instead chosen to get into bed with (by definition) a less reliable network.
    Hilarious.
    Jord.
    Hello, yea my lyca sim is now also using EE. Tried forcing it to use O2 and it wasn’t having it. Just EE band 3 
    Sumit_Kumar8DL
    Lyca has now moved its network to the EE.
    WiganLaticsFan
    Nice. I might give their SIM a go now and see what the signals like. It was pretty good when I was on Plusnet
    jamie15
    A few people have suggested there is a switchover taking place, exciting news if so - we would have 2 EE based MVNOs with eSIM support in the space of a few weeks! Just hoping this does not lead to more network congestion
    afn
    What’s the other?
    AndyRoyd
    It would be unusual for a network partnership change not to be pre-notified with fanfare and fireworks to consumers and financial/practical benefits/reasons touted to investors,
    and certainly unusual for it to be secretly implemented.

At time of post around midday Mon 26 June 2023 LM website still actively cites partnership with o2, random example: archive.is/J0yKp

At similar time a reboot of one of my devices accessing LM changed the network identifier from EE to LycaMobile.
    This postdates multiple LM service messages received over preceding days rambling about
    performing network upgrades...
    occasional disruptions...
    try restarting to resolve the problem
    moneysm
    Do you still get 5g
    icedgem11
    I've now got no signal 🙈 anyone else having the same issue ?
    desi_lad
    me too, not consistent at all.
    Dusty
    Anyone get a heads up from Lyca telling customers they were moving? EE ain't good around here...
    WiganLaticsFan
    I ordered at 94p SIM at the end of Jan which I put in last night. No signal, so I thought it must have deactivated due to length of time. Short time later, I received an email from Lyca saying bundle has been activated. Rebooted phone and now getting full signal and 5g at home! 15gb for 94p for 6 months! Going to cross my fingers and port my number from ID mobile
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants