Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

All comments are reviewed on HDUK?

Posted 31st Jan
Hi, every comment I make is held for review. Is this normal? Have I done something wrong? Is it temporary?

Very confused as it can slow down decision on here.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Walgeon31/01/2020 13:15

It's every comment I make now. I'm not very pc but don't remember saying …It's every comment I make now. I'm not very pc but don't remember saying anything bad or even slightly bad. Unless they're super PC then maybe I did something without realising.But yes, every comment is held until reviewed.

You don't have to say anything bad. There are some saddos here who report anything and everything and those comments are invariably removed.
28 Comments
Yes because this plattform ist totally out of control.
Are you posting from a UK IP? If you're using a VPN that may well trigger moderation of your posts, but if it truly is *every* post and you can't think of anything that would make your posting seem unusual then I'd suggest getting in touch with the admin and/or mod team via the contact link in the site footer.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 31st Jan
They banned Asda and seems just eat as I have received 3 notifications that there’s a £3 voucher deal posted
It happens from time to time if you make a comment that is not PC. They moderate all your comments for a few days, just stop posting until they leave you alone.
Edited by: "Azwipe" 31st Jan
Illusionary31/01/2020 13:01

Are you posting from a UK IP? If you're using a VPN that may well trigger …Are you posting from a UK IP? If you're using a VPN that may well trigger moderation of your posts, but if it truly is *every* post and you can't think of anything that would make your posting seem unusual then I'd suggest getting in touch with the admin and/or mod team via the contact link in the site footer.

No. I'm not using a VPN. I may have in the past but most of the time I'm on my phone which rarely uses a VPN.

I stupidly didn't think about using the contact page. I see this as more of a community site and didn't think to do that.

Thank you!
Azwipe31/01/2020 13:13

It happens from time to time if you make a comment that is not PC. They …It happens from time to time if you make a comment that is not PC. They moderate all your comments for a few days, just stop posting until they leave you alone.

It's every comment I make now. I'm not very pc but don't remember saying anything bad or even slightly bad. Unless they're super PC then maybe I did something without realising.

But yes, every comment is held until reviewed.
Azwipe31/01/2020 13:13

It happens from time to time if you make a comment that is not PC. They …It happens from time to time if you make a comment that is not PC. They moderate all your comments for a few days, just stop posting until they leave you alone.

Yep same for me I had a moan about people whom don’t have anything good to say and now I’m moderated.
Happens sometimes, then other time not all...

is there a moderator for the mods as I think some are over the top on what they take down and other things are left up.. they must bring personal views into play sometimes as they seem to side with other comments what are just as bad. But that’s just my opinion..
@Walgeon Your account isn't under moderation. Please reply to this comment so I can see what the reason is likely to be
kirstie280631/01/2020 13:27

Yep same for me I had a moan about people whom don’t have anything good to …Yep same for me I had a moan about people whom don’t have anything good to say and now I’m moderated.

Your account isn't moderated either. Reply to this message and i'll see what is up.
Jason31/01/2020 13:51

@Walgeon Your account isn't under moderation. Please reply to this comment …@Walgeon Your account isn't under moderation. Please reply to this comment so I can see what the reason is likely to be

It's not on the forum. It's on deals. When I comment on a deal everything is held.
Walgeon31/01/2020 13:53

It's not on the forum. It's on deals. When I comment on a deal everything …It's not on the forum. It's on deals. When I comment on a deal everything is held.

Then it'll be the deal thread which is under moderation, not your own profile.
Misslovely31/01/2020 13:11

They banned Asda and seems just eat as I have received 3 notifications …They banned Asda and seems just eat as I have received 3 notifications that there’s a £3 voucher deal posted

Just Eat isn't suspended. There is a megathread here for Just Eat vouchers - hotukdeals.com/dea…351

It's every comment I make now. I'm not very pc but don't remember saying …It's every comment I make now. I'm not very pc but don't remember saying anything bad or even slightly bad. Unless they're super PC then maybe I did something without realising.But yes, every comment is held until reviewed.

You don't come from Scunthorpe, by any chance? (just a joke).

I rarely get comments moderated but if you're on a thread that will cause inflammatory responses (eg, NSFW) every member's comment made will get flagged (those threads usually get closed after a while, suppose it's a pain for the mods to babysit).

Every now and then it's random for me.
Jason31/01/2020 13:55

Just Eat isn't suspended. There is a megathread here for Just Eat vouchers …Just Eat isn't suspended. There is a megathread here for Just Eat vouchers - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/just-eat-offers-via-vouchercodes-3009351

I just posted it on misc and admin Said same. The point is it hasn’t been refreshed and it’s 1 year old. It should be back in deals as I typed just eat nothing came up

Oh well iv ate mine yesterday
louiselouise31/01/2020 13:55

You don't come from Scunthorpe, by any chance? (just a joke). I rarely …You don't come from Scunthorpe, by any chance? (just a joke). I rarely get comments moderated but if you're on a thread that will cause inflammatory responses (eg, NSFW) every member's comment made will get flagged (those threads usually get closed after a while, suppose it's a pain for the mods to babysit). Every now and then it's random for me.

It would make sense. This is happening on a deal for a mattress.
@Walgeon ...that time it was because you quoted Scunthorpe
And just happened on this thread now.
39805718-SOW7z.jpg

You don't have to say anything bad. There are some saddos here who report anything and everything and those comments are invariably removed.
Jason31/01/2020 14:03

So is quoting something that can trigger it?
Walgeon31/01/2020 14:04

Yep! If you're quoting something which is in our word/expression blacklist it'll moderate it too
Jason31/01/2020 14:03

And it's beyond the wit of our tech guys to fix that?
Walgeon31/01/2020 14:04

It's the 2/3/4 and 5th letters of the word sc***thorp that trigger the swear filter I believe.
Edited by: "deeky" 31st Jan
Marked this thread as expired @Walgeon but if you need anything else just tag me or drop me a message
deeky31/01/2020 14:04

You don't have to say anything bad. There are some saddos here who report …You don't have to say anything bad. There are some saddos here who report anything and everything and those comments are invariably removed.

Reported
Walgeon31/01/2020 14:03

And just happened on this thread now.[Image]

Oops, I should have said "DON'T QUOTE THIS COMMENT" haha. My fault.
Just noticed my account is under moderation as well, it's not very often that I do post stuff now and I can't recall saying anything offensive?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants