Amazon Return/Refund/Promo Credit issue...

Posted 26th Sep 2021
I'm not a big Amazon user so someone should know what I can do.

I placed an order for a pack of 12 items last month. I had to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive. They only sent 1.

So I contacted them and they told me to return the 1 item and they'll send me the 12 pack.

Which I did same day.

2 days later they sent me 1 item again, not 12!!

Back on chat, they apologised and refunded me and said keep the 1 item. And put £5 promo credit in my account as a goodwill gesture for their screw up.

Last week I bought some boots from them. Size 10. Used the promo credit and rest from my bank card.

They arrived yesterday. And the sizing is way out, they're like a 12, they're huge!

Back on chat they said they'll refund but I'll lose the promo credit. I argued that is just rewarding them with screwing up my order twice last month and taking back the apology and credit they gave.

So I asked for a replacement if that's possible, next size down - they agreed.. but say it has to be the same size

I refused both because I can't get my head around their solution. If I return, they get off for messing me around for 2 orders. If I replace, I get the same boots again!

Any advice? Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The rule with promotional credit is that you don't get it refunded, but whenever I've requested it (for a faulty item or return) to be re-added, they've been fine.

I'd spend the £5 on something failsafe next time - usually my go-to is tubs of Haribo! (edited)
    Anonymous User
    Depends who you get but more often than not that’s what happens. Send an email to their top team at jeff@amazon.com and just copy and paste the above and bet you get a bigger credit.
    Author
    deleted7595326/09/2021 22:46

Depends who you get but more often than not that’s what happens. Send an e …Depends who you get but more often than not that’s what happens. Send an email to their top team at jeff@amazon.com and just copy and paste the above and bet you get a bigger credit.

Thanks, I don't want a bigger credit. Or any credit if they could send me replacement. But they won't send a Size 9 or 9½

I'll just email them I think on that address you provided.
    Author
    Thanks loulou.

Lesson learned. I'm not an experienced Amazon user so never thought about spending the credit on chocolate
    i lost a promotional credit when i sent a speaker back as it was poor quality. the t&c states you don't get the promotional code back. i went on to chat after advice from some hukd members and luckily the chat advisor gave me the credit back as a one off gesture of goodwill but she said if i lose it again, i won't get it back or any future credits back for that matter!
    mutley127/09/2021 10:15

i lost a promotional credit when i sent a speaker back as it was poor …i lost a promotional credit when i sent a speaker back as it was poor quality. the t&c states you don't get the promotional code back. i went on to chat after advice from some hukd members and luckily the chat advisor gave me the credit back as a one off gesture of goodwill but she said if i lose it again, i won't get it back or any future credits back for that matter!

I remember that. A few niceties and some manners and they will most likely add it back on manually. They are just humans at the end of the day a little kindness goes a long way..
    Author
    Tried again this morning...

45708691-9z63U.jpg
    I ordered some Ben's rice.They sent the wrong flavour.I rang them and said i want a refund but i'm keeping the rice.They said send a picture which i did.They refunded me.
    Just chat to a different person on livechat. Some give you back the £5 promo instantly.

Also, be polite. Sometimes, they refuse so I say "no problem, have a nice day" and they change their mind and give me back the £5. (edited)
    I would try again in the chat, explain all of the above and I'm sure they will add the credit back. It's not you at fault that's what you need to emphasize...
    Its 50/50 depends on advisors. They priced matched for me once. Apply credit in difference. It depends on advisor. Some will reimburse credit. And 12 pack situation it happens alot with amazon on multipack purchases
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants