Best dehumidifier?

Posted 22nd Sep 2023
Hello,

I have noticed there's some excellent advice on dehumidifiers in some of the deals but, I just wondered if someone knew which was the best one to buy?

As far as I can see from previous comments, the best one for a colder space - although more expensive - is a desiccant dehumidifier with a large tank. I intend to use it for a large hut storing sports equipment that will sometimes be wet after use. Is Meaco the best brand? If so, does anyone know which model, I find it difficult to tell from some of the ads whether it's a desiccant or compressor.

Thank you!
Stevimitch
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Artete 25L is the best

Also is a air purifier so can be used all year round, can be used up against the wall which is a big plus

Get the biggest so it can do entire home, 5 year warranty £275

Worth every penny
    I had a b&q special which lasted for years before biting the dust. I have a meaco now but still prefer the b&q model as it used to blow out warm ait. The meaco blows out cooler air so the house doesn’t feel as warm. There’s nothing wrong with the meaco though. It’s a dehumidifier and not a heater and does a great job.
    I would recommend desiccant dehumidifiers all day long if they were reliable but we went through a string of faulty Ecoair units that all failed in the same way after around a year of moderate use in a domestic setting, they all started emitting a pungent burning smell which only got worse the longer you left them.

It could have been a luck issue we had with Ecoair but we went to compressor based from that point on and now use a Meaco low energy model which does well even in an unheated conservatory to keep the moisture down as a cheaper alternative to running a heater over the winter.
    Meaco is what most use -were looking into the Arete model
    I have it ask any questions if you like
    Author
    Thanks ever so much, everyone!
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants