Buying a kitchen from Howdens

Posted 26th May 2022
When Howdens get back to you with a price do you have to play them off with another kitchen company to get a better price?
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    joxeruk200026/05/2022 21:42

Thanks guys. Is it too much to ask for their actual best prices though. So …Thanks guys. Is it too much to ask for their actual best prices though. So annoying to have to play them off with other companies.

Just go with a different company, i would try diy kitchens the online one not the diy stores, the cabinets are rigid built and very easy too fit if you are doing it yourself and the prices are very good or they were 2 years ago when I got mine. (edited)
    I’m a kitchen fitter, trust me and use diy kitchens!
    I would anyway, also think they can do a reduction if you take it flat pack , pre assembled costs a lot more I think
    Compare them to DIY kitchens as a bit more like for like, they will come back with a better price, just to add your tradesmen will also usually have a cut (edited)
    Yes, you could get some written quotes and try to get them to lower the price, personally I found Howdens a nightmare to deal with, good luck and I hope you don't have the experience I did. (edited)
    Author
    Thanks guys. Is it too much to ask for their actual best prices though. So annoying to have to play them off with other companies.
    DIY are highly rated at the moment, somebody else said go for flat pack, howdens do flat pack also(and are local), keep away from b&q at present major supply chain issues and design software issues, benchmarx may becl reasonable if cost is your thing
    I've always found Howdens good. The joiner I use actually orders the kitchen and always gets a discount on the first quote, although the last time we had a new kitchen fitted was after the first lock down and discount wasn't as good as usual. Even though Howdens is trade only they do allow you to go in to their show room to select.
    Yes, they’ll then match your quote. Cheapest I found were B&Q and Wren
    Ridgeons sell kitchens & they come fully assembled. Beat Howdens price by a long shot. Maybe check them out.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants