Can't install The Sims 4 because of stupid VC++ runtime rubbish.

Posted 12th Jun 2023
Hi all! I'm trying to install Teh Sims 4 but piece of crap won't let me. It keeps telling meThe VC++ runtime redistributable was not installed succesffuly. I have them all installed and tried uninstalling/reinstalling but nothing is working. What else can I do to fix this stupid crap?
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    As above make sure you install 32 and 64 bit versions.
    I've had this issue before and it doesn't matter which one you're running you need both installed or you get an error.
    Are you running Windows 10 or 11? Have all OS updates been installed (edited)
    Which edition are you installing, Hvae you tried disabling AntiVirus during install and or Run install as Admin ?
    Check whether Sims is running as 32 bit or 64 bit, you'll need to match them to the Visual C redistributables. I suspect it'll be 32 bit given it's age, but your OS might be pushing for 64 bit.
    This is a good call and something to bear in mind is that confusingly the c:\windows\system32 directory contains the 64-bit dlls and the c:\windows\syswow64 directory contains the 32-bit dlls on a 64-bit system.
    The visual C++ runtime is a third party bit of code that the game needs to run, but it's from Microsoft so it's pretty common. You can grab the latest version from Microsoft's website which might be worth a go:
    learn.microsoft.com/en-…170

What installer is this? Is this a disc version of The Sims 4 or is it an installer from an digital distributor (EA app etc.)?

Is the installer leaving a log file? That might say why it failed.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants