Cristiano Ronaldo Interview Part 1 - watch online / part two tonight, 17th November, at 8pm (Watch for free)

Posted 17th Nov 2022
For those that follow Football, Ronaldo or just generally want some insight on what goes on behind 'closed doors', you can watch the Cristiano Ronaldo Interview Part 1 already online (see link below) and part two will be out, tonight at 8pm UK time.

I won't put any spoilers in here, for those haven't watched it, but obviously as/when comments are made it may spoil it for you!

There IS a trailer here, via TalkSport, again contains spoilers

You can watch part 1 here for free and Part 2 will be here at 8pm, obviously if you miss it, then you'll be able to catch up after.

Also

• Talk TV is available on Sky 526, Virgin Media 606, Freeview 237, Freesat 217 and Sky Glass 508
  • You can also stream via the TalkTV app, which his available for download on your mobile and tablet devices for FREE.
Community Updates
New Comment

32 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The fact remains that he's getting paid £500k a week by an employer who isn't (unless there's an unusual clause in his contract) required to play him. He wasn't forced to rejoin Manchester United. If he's so unhappy then he could tell the club so privately and both parties could agree to terminate his contract.

Unlike most people in that scenario, and despite being on the slide ability and performance wise, he'll then probably go to a pre-retirement home for footballers, otherwise known as the Saudi, Chinese or US leagues, get paid even more money as a 'marquee' signing, amble around the pitch for a year and then eventually retire.

However, despite all of this, and s with so many other sportsmen, politicians and celebrities, he is so out of touch with the average person that his sense of self-entitlement and lack of humility knows no bounds.

I mean, the poor bloke feels 'betrayed' by the club who is playing him £500k a week. When one thinks of what is going on in the world, how some people don't even have access to clean water, wouldn't you feel ashamed to use such ridiculous language and hyperbole ?.

Sadly the media and lots of people lap this up - when to me such people (and there's so many of them) should be treated as pariahs.
    Nobody wants him, he's 37, very expensive to pay, well past his best and still thinks he's the best in the world, which he isn't and is far off that now.

Messi has 2 more Ballon D'ors to his name and Ronaldo won't ever equal that, never mind beat it.
    I'm a thorough Man United fan, he was sublime on his first term at the club.

The 2nd term and current one seems like it was all romantic to start with and it has now become a disaster. His air of self entitlement is incredible along with his stroppy tantrums and ridiculous attitude.

Just a pure full on narcissistic diva really and the squad and manager are much better off without him in the club. He's out of touch completely.

I am thinking two things, one is to boot him out of the club, the other is to fine him massively and put him in the reserve team for the rest of the season then kick him out.

Nobody is bigger than a club.
    For me, I have lost all respect for him and so have many of my fellow united supporters.

No idea who he thinks he slating everyone and his ex-colleagues too.

I've read that Beckham might be interested in signing him for Miami, but they also have Messi as their No 1 target too, it would be interesting seeing how that one pans out.

I'd love to know what Fergie now thinks of him.

ETA: Piers Morgan will be revelling in all this drama, brown nosing Ronaldo like he does is almost putrid to watch.
    Ronaldo is clever he will get to leave a awful team and awful players and make money from it. He owes man u nothing. And the players around him nothing.
    A lot of hate for him on here but it takes a lot to tell the truth and he wants the best for man United, he wouldn't have joined otherwise. What did he say that was wrong? The club has become a marketing company and treated him poorly when his family come first. He clearly wants out and high time they let him go
    Treated him poorly whilst paying him £500k a week ? Many of us at one time or another haven't agreed with how our employers have conducted themselves, but from what I've read of the interview the only personal bit was about when his daughter was ill and he felt that certain people high up in the club hierarchy didn't believe him. That's his side of the story, the club probably has a very different slant on things, but, even if he is right, to use the OTT language he is doing is reprehensible.

If he really feels that way then just walk away, I once had a major disagreement with my employer just as my probation period was ending, I stood my ground, ended up failing my probation on the basis of "failing to obey a reasonable management instruction" and in doing so effectively risked my entire career. Fortunately for me it proved to be the best thing I ever did, but it could have ruined me, and by standing my ground I acted contrary to the advice of everyone around me - however sometimes principles are more important than cashing a pay cheque.

And what to me only makes this particular situation even worse is that he has experienced personal tragedy earlier this year (the death of his new-born son), so you'd think that might have given him some degree of perspective and grounding.

It particularly galls me as exactly 9 months ago today my wife (and unborn child) were tragically killed. Aside from the grief and despair that will haunt me for the rest of my life, and our families, I'm self-employed and we weren't millionaires so I've had to carry on - quite frankly I've no idea why because I've lost the person who was my world, and every day, whilst I somehow make it through, I wail and rant to the sky about why god/fate/whatever took her from me.

I say that not because I want others to pity me, but because it puts into perspective how absolutely morally bankrupt it is of someone in his position, who should have some grasp of what tragedy and a feeling of betrayal (in term of fate/god/whatever taking his new-born son from him) really is, to use such ridiculous language (and be given the platform to do so).
    I agree with some of the things he's said but he shouldn't disrespect the manager. He was given time off and missed pre season. He was literally trying to leave in the summer and then tries to claim certain people wanted to force him out, So he didn't ask to leave then?

He most certainly should have left in the summer and in hindsight he shouldn't have returned. His behaviour this season has been very disrespectful not only to the manager but also the other players and now the fan's. Walking off before the end, refusing to come on as a sub etc.. his performances have been very poor too. Put virtually zero effort in. His last appearance v Villa he was made captain, I don't know how he can suggest ETH has disrespected him. Manchester United play better without him in the team.

The interview exposes nothing that we didn't already know really. Maybe the timing isn't great, It should have been delayed because the focus should have been on Garnacho! not Cristiano who sadly thinks he's bigger than Manchester United. He most certainly isn't. Manchester United gave Cristiano Ronaldo a platform and it was a match made in heaven the first time around but his return will sadly be marred by this.

I'll always regard Ronaldo as the greatest player the world has ever known but his time is up.
    Complains that his ex team-mates disrespected him.
    Goes on to complain about his entire squad, manager and hierarchy.......
    Clueless.
    The man's a total balloon
    I know nothing about football but my immediate reaction to seeing his headline was ahhhhh poor billionaire lol whining about being unfairly treated when he could walk away and live like a king . Perhaps he could get a real job just to see how the rest of us live .perhaps I should tell people who can't get a morgae due to interest rates and are stuck in low quality expensive rentals that they should spare a thought for poor hard done by Ronaldo. If the rest of us don't like our jobs we have to put up with it to survive until we can find something else and he could walk away and do anything , how about starting a new legacy as a decent human doing charity work and not whining when he has it better than 99.9% of people
    Could be a bit harsh but that was my immediate reaction
    The club hasn't changed their facilities in 10 years.
    He isn't complaining for himself.
    He's compplaining for the team that he loves
    While I have sympathy for the family issues he already had Mendes publicly shopping him around clubs at the time. That makes a lot of what he claims hard to swallow, especially stuff like it was the club trying to force him out yet they repeatedly said he wasn't for sale in the summer.

The sooner he's gone the better as the team plays better without him anyway.
    I quite enjoy him being a disruptive influence
    From poster boy to balloon in the blink of an eye. It's all about me Ronnie
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants