Easy jet rescheduled flight

Posted 15th Jun 2023
Hello can anyone help me?
Booked easy jet flight for October 2023 and they sent an email saying they have rescheduled flight to a day later with different times.

Is this common and do the original dates come back? I’ve already booked hotels etc and I will be charged to amend.

Did chat to an advisor and they said to wait as the flights might come back but not sure how common this is.

Any help will be appreciated
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I’ve been here a few times but never seen flights move back to the original date again 

not to say it won’t happen but risky if prices increase in the meantime 
    Not common but not uncommon. You are entitled to a full refund of flights so cancel (to cash not a voucher) and rebook.
    Author
    Thanks for your advice. Only thing is If I cancel and rebook it will cost me more than my hotels
    You can claim compensation plus other costs.
    Author
    Can I? Even if it is a few months away?
    Check out what Easy Jets complaint process is. Adhere to it and/or write a letter explaining that their rescheduling has left you financially out of pocket. If you can provide documentary evidence of it and it is reasonable what action you have taken, you might just receive some compensation, but don't hold your breath. Use their contact us form. easyjet.com/en/…-us

If you don't ask you don't get. (edited)
    Author
    Hopefully! might try this out. I thought rescheduling was a common thing from easy jet so didn’t bother complaining.
    Might be worth checking your travel insurance, assuming you've got some
    What was the original flight? Still available? Never seen a flight cancelled 4 months in advance
    not "cancelled" - "rescheduled"
    caa.co.uk/pas…ns/

Rearranging your flightIf your cancelled is covered by UK law, your airline must let you choose between two options:

1. Receive a refundYou can get your money back for all parts of the ticket you haven’t used. For instance, if you have booked a return flight and the outbound leg is cancelled, you can get the full cost of the return ticket back from your airline.
    If you are a transfer passenger and you have already completed part of your journey, you are also entitled to a flight back to your original departure point when your connecting flight is cancelled and you decide not to continue your journey.

2. Choose an alternative flightIf you still want to travel, your airline must find you an alternative flight. It’s up to you whether to fly as soon as possible after the cancelled flight, or at a later date that suits you.
    Although most airlines will book you onto another of their flights to the same destination, if an alternative airline is flying there significantly sooner or other suitable modes of transport are available then you may have the right to be booked onto that alternative transport instead. You can discuss this with your airline.
    Sounds like you need to make sure you don't take a refund, find an alternative airline, and get them to pay for it.
    Here's easy jets page telling you your rights: easyjet.com/en/…ons

What you want is "re-routing"

And more practically:

easyjet.com/en/…ons

Alternative transport to my final destination

If there are no easyJet flights available to get you to your destination within 24 hours, you have the option to transfer to another airline, take a train, bus, or hire a car.

The alternative transport must be under comparable transport conditions (e.g. economy or standard fare) to your destination, and you will be entitled to claim reasonable transport costs back. If you need additional support or special assistance, please contact our team.

Please ensure you obtain a detailed itemised receipt. For more information on how to claim back expenses or for further help please refer to our expenses page, alternatively, you can contact us.

Please note that you cannot claim for both a refund for your flight and rerouting on alternative transport.
    Isn;t that what holidat insurance is for?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants