FlameCast - The hotukdeals Community Podcast: Episode 2 - Darren & Jason take us through some updates (plus a little teaser at the end!)

Posted 12th Mar 2023
Episode 2 is now live! You can listen to it below but both episodes can be FOUND HERE.

In this episode we have myself and @Darren updating on the recent review of the Publication Rules as well as talking generally about what we'll be up to over the next few month.

Listen to the end for a really exciting teaser of something we've been doing behind the scenes and planning to be be working heavily on over the next few months

Transcript of Episode 2 CLICK HERE

This episode was recorded in our Berlin studio while @Darren@Dan and I went to visit some colleagues a couple of weeks ago. Below is a few 'behind the scenes' snaps just to give you an idea of our set up. Enjoy!

4100807_1.jpg4100807_1.jpg
Community Updates
Official Announcements
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Jason Author
    His appearance fee is the stumbling block...but it will happen..i'm sure of it
    louiselouise
    Probably been said a squillion times but I think a Q&A (say, a Facebook Live with real-time comments on) might be an idea.

Someone soft-moderating is a requirement though (there's a few Youtubers I follow and sometimes join in on the Live Chat and, well, it is something that's necessary at times - but - most people are decent).
    Sarden84
    Read The Transcrited its a bit all over, but the key I liked im glad that you're going to look into the persistence of moderation.

because at the moment its become a joke, it's getting to the point I and many others i speak to no longer want to support this network.

and that's 4/5 of ur regular posters who are helping the community every day. 
    SebK
    [deleted]
    Jason Author
    If you drop the team a report with the reasons for wanting it deleted they can take a look. Usually there needs to be a compelling reason to have it remain deleted (like something is wrong with the deal etc).
    pb-live
    Thank you for another interesting podcast. Always good to hear what goes on behind the scenes and I do think you’ve all done a good job of creating a community here.

I can fully understand the pitfalls of moderation, especially in the current social media climate, but I think part of it should really be trying to encourage people to think about self moderating their content and definitely more communication, perhaps actually commenting on a thread where more than one comment is removed as a way to explain what has happened. I can hold my hand up and say I’ve been caught in the trap of getting a bit too involved in one or two arguments but I’m trying to self moderate more and I do tend to agree if my content is removed after reflecting.
's avatar
Top Merchants