Has anyone noticed? Amazon delivery improved A LOT!

Posted 10th Mar 2023
I have noticed recently that Amazon drivers do not leave packages unattended anymore. They make a call if no one is at home and if a phone call is not answered, they take the package to the delivery depot again and redeliver .

It’s such a good improvement but I assume that drivers will take extra time to do that.
Community Updates
New Comment

33 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    m4rmite
    The delivery drivers for me are back in their vans before you can get to the door.
    They must have perfected teleportation.
    KodaBear
    I’ve opted out of Amazon Logistics delivery after a number of drawn out complaints. Management were able to set my account so I only ever get delivery via other couriers.

They were never able to find my house and it would always just get returned, dumped at a ‘neighbour’ in the absolute wrong end of my street or worse the next street over, or end up in a local locker. Despite Royal Mail, DPD etc. all being able to find me just fine.

I gave up all hope with their own delivery service long ago. Hopefully they are finally improving, but I’m certainly not going to be giving them another chance anytime soon.
    sm9690
    Why didn't you use what 3 words and put the location in the delivery notes?
    newbie68
    Reading just a few comments tells you everything you need to know. There is no single policy and if there is they ignore it. All drivers, areas and addresses are different as to the response and experience -same with every courier
    darkclouds
    In my opinon they are getting worse 9/10 I order from them arrive looking like the driver as been trying to look inside the parcels (and I only order blu rays) from them (edited)
    Stormbringer2012
    The guys and gals who deliver my Amazon items are spot on never any problems with them.
    bozo007
    I get small, inexpensive stuff delivered to the locker across the road if I know I won't be home that day. Delivery to lockers, in my experience, is sometimes a day sooner.
    louiselouise
    My Amazon Logistics drivers do tend to phone if I'm not about (city address) and I've been known to run home when I'm five minutes away!

Amazon Logistics are city only (as far as I know) though they're more likely to phone me if it's a bigger item being delivered, though not always. This isn't new for me, at least the last few years.
    stedaman
    They don't do this here, you must have special delivery people.
    They are left at my door, but that's ok as im in mostly, my main gripe is when they don't press the bell or knock which takes no more effort,
    newbie68
    Yep, leave it by all means, but knock the bloomin door to let me know
    McShane
    Always been that way for me for as long as I can remember. Amazon are the best out there for deliveries.
    newbie68
    I agree
    bhaskarsa
    email

ecr-replies@amazon.co.uk

if you have any problems, they reply within 24 hours normally but they fix the problem
    samwants2save
    Ours always wait until there's acknowledgement from inside the home .. as in, courier rings bell... Drops parcel on doorstep... Waits by gate/ his van door.. I scream from behind a closed door, or hallway 'THAAANNNKKSS' and hear something back. They off he goes. Have been doing this for ages.

(If not in, they leave in safe place) (edited)
    AzNDeals
    Amazon have generally been okay, besides the shenanigans that happened yesterday. Delivery before 1pm; notification that they are a few stops away at roughly 12:30. Open the app for tracking, the delivery driver is over in Birmingham!

I'm in London!
    AB15
    What happened there then haha 
    Azwipe
    Amazon drivers are still leaving parcels outside doors near me. Return times are still horrendous too.
    newbie68
    Here to - no change
    MonkeysUncle
    Never had a problem where I am.
    They always leave bigger items where I set safe place to.
    Dyslexic_Dog
    Never had any big problems, they always leave the parcel in my porch and take a photo, although my house is very isolated and once they've found it there's not any other houses to mistake it for or neighbours to leave the parcel with so it works really well for me personally.
    AB15
    Don’t mind if it goes AWOL they just refund it anyway. 
    M4tt31
    I hope they don't start doing this to all, chances are if it's during the day I'm at work I dont want them ringing me.

I prefer them leaving them if no ones in, they also tend to deliver same time each day so by coming back it won't improve anything. (edited)
    Mr.Plow
    Have you noticed which Amazon delivery service it is, round here there's the big grey Amazon prime liveried vans but also I'm assuming owner drivers who generally turn up in a battered plain van, these ones typically just dump on doorsteps without knocking.

Is it specifically higher value items that they now take more care with?

Edit...as if by magic battered van man just turned up, slam dunked amazon parcel on next doors doorstep and driven off faster than it took me to type this. (edited)
    Jay_Ma Author
    No.. it was 50p garden pea in water lol …

49736962_1.jpg
    49736962-wUc4M.jpg (edited)
    Renoir64
    We have a porch and a drive so never any problems.
    Mark_Hickman
    Not by me, they dump it on step if it doesn't fit through letter box and press bell.
    By time ive walked to the door they are in van driving away, im actually impressed how they get in the van and leave in under 10 seconds
    PonJaul76
    They just dump mine and leave. Had big boxes left on the doorstep for hours when out
    TrolleyDolly18
    I think it all depends on the individual driver, so hit n miss.

We had an Amazon driver try to dump a load of packages in the foyer of our FLATS, but he was spotted, and told to deliver them, to the front doors of the customers in question.
's avatar
Top Merchants