Has anyone tried the Lidl Livarno Zigbee smart lighting range yet?

Posted 13th Dec 2020
I went in to my local Lidl today and say that they had a range of smart lighting, branded both Silvercrest and Livarno, including bulbs, light strips, ceiling lights, extension sockets, etc, all Zigbee 3.0 compatible and with a 3 year warranty. I was wondering if anyone had tried them yet?Some of the prices look good such as the ceiling lights at £34.99, I'm tempted to get some of these and connect it to my Hue system.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    GoneBackHome13/12/2020 23:44

As these are ZigBee would they be compatible with Hue in any way?

Yes, they would be. I've been using some Osram Smart+ Zigbee bulbs with my Hue bridge and they work fine so these will do as well. The only thing is though that if you mix Hue bulbs and other brand ones in the same fitting or room you might see a little bit of variation in colour or response time.

By the way have a look at this video that compares the Lidl smart lighting to Hue.
    youtube.com/wat…GUM
    Author
    Well I thought I’d give these a go, I went back to Lidl and picked up all of this for £100. Let’s see how it goes.

43152886-nOwNv.jpg

The light strips are colour and the GU10 bulbs are just warm to cool white.
    Brought the starter kit and the led strip, impressed with it. Only gripe is having to use converters to fit the es27 bulbs to bayonet fittings.
    Anonymous User
    I’ve invested so much in Hue over the years . I’m looking for a few new bulbs so might give these a go myself and see how they are.
    Anonymous User
    GoneBackHome13/12/2020 23:44

The only thing not working with Hue is the power strip (extension lead).
    Lights, LEDs and Power Sockets are all working. There's a couple of discussions about them over on reddit r/hue (edited)
    I’ve seen reviews which say whites on light strip are brighter than Philips Hue but if you switch to colours then they’re not very bright compared to hue, but then hue is about 4 times the price.
    deleted257569814/12/2020 00:02

I’ve invested so much in Hue over the years . I’m looking for a few new …I’ve invested so much in Hue over the years . I’m looking for a few new bulbs so might give these a go myself and see how they are.

From my own experience, being a Hue user myself, is that the cheaper bulbs and other brands don't really cut it and you'd be forever comparing them to the Hues. They're either not bright enough or the colours aren't as vibrant.

The only other brand that I think have been better than Hue are Lifx. Much brighter and great colour production. However, more expensive!

A have had a few Yeelights which have been decent and well worth a try but connection issues sometime occur. Pretty bright though but colours are a bit more watered down (in comparison to the Hues).
    Author
    Lapman16/12/2020 15:57

HiI just saw these products at Lidl today and thought I'll do some …HiI just saw these products at Lidl today and thought I'll do some research before I change all my house lights lol.How did you get on with them? Do you like them and would you recommend others to buy it?Did you buy the smart starter kit as well?Thanks

I already have a Hue setup that includes a bridge so I didn’t need the gateway. I bought a couple of the strip lights, they both connected easily to my existing system. However one of the lights worked as it should, but I’ve just had to return the other one as it wasn’t displaying quite the correct colours that were selected. This strip did work correctly when used as an extension to the other strip so I think that means that the fault is in the RGB controller, not sending the correct channel information. For £15 these are really excellent value for money. With the circular light fitting again it’s good value for money. You get the fitting, three GU10 white warm to cool bulbs, and dimmer switch. The light fitting is ok, I found that they don’t leave you very much room at all in there for your wires, I’d have preferred a little more space. I couldn’t get the dimmer switch to connect to my bridge but I’ll try again another time. I just went back to Lidl and got another couple of strip lights and some colour GU10 bulbs that are fantastic value at £10 each. They aren’t as bright as the Hue versions but are excellent value for money. What I’m planning to do is use my Hue bulbs for the main lights and then the Lidl bulbs for more out of the way areas. I’d definitely recommend the Lidl bulbs and strips that I’ve tried. The Lidl starter kit only includes white bulbs so if you are wanting colour I’d recommend picking up the Hue colour starter kit for £91 on Amazon right now and then complementing it with some Lidl kit.
    Author
    43139708.jpg

43139708.jpg

43139708.jpg

43139708.jpg

43139708-W4lDj.jpg (edited)
    Pretty sure Zigbee is what Samsung smart home equipment works on
    Author
    eastofthecounty13/12/2020 23:13

Pretty sure Zigbee is what Samsung smart home equipment works on

Zigbee is the common standard for Hue, Osram/Ledvance Smart+, Ikea Tradfri, etc as well as Smart Things. But what I like about Hue is that the stuff just works and the build quality is good. I bought some Lidl Livarno non-smart LED lights last year and I wasn't that impressed by them, the pin connector to the controller was poor and the lights wouldn't be the correct colour that you selected on the remote. That's why I'm wondering what people's experience of these is like, but for £15 I'm tempted to pick up a couple of the strips just for simply lighting cabinets on and off.
    Anonymous User
    Sunset and sunrise routines don’t work on the Hue with these bulbs apparently which is a pain . Does anyone know if the Home & Away routines work?
    Paul Hibbert has just reviewd them

Really helpful comments here and decided to pick up a colour bulb to add to the hue set. Paired fine with no issues and noticed these come on immediately compared to the smooth transition from hue. Other than that it works the same via the Hue app.
    Just wondering if anyone else is noticing a slight buzz/hum noise on certain colours/brightnesses unless it’s just my bulb?
    Haircut_10014/12/2020 13:20

Well I thought I’d give these a go, I went back to Lidl and picked up all o …Well I thought I’d give these a go, I went back to Lidl and picked up all of this for £100. Let’s see how it goes.[Image] The light strips are colour and the GU10 bulbs are just warm to cool white.

Hi
    I just saw these products at Lidl today and thought I'll do some research before I change all my house lights lol.

How did you get on with them? Do you like them and would you recommend others to buy it?
    Did you buy the smart starter kit as well?

Thanks
's avatar
Top Merchants