How much should i be paying for new Ink replacement cartridges?

Posted 3rd Jul 2023
I have a relatively old WF-2530 Epsom printer and the cartridges are running out of ink, not sure if i should replace them all or just the individual ones (Currently Cyan is low) but has not been used for 6 years so not sure if the ink has dried up and if i should just replace all.

My main question was how much should i be paying for cartridge replacements and if anyone can share where they normally buy there's from (with offers/discount if applicable).
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I have an Epson printer, I pay around £2-2.50 a (compatible) cartridge... usually ebay or amazon.
    Author
    I will look into that thank you. as i see most of the comments refer to non-OEM compatible ink, so i might just try this option.
    Type WF-2530 Epsom and see who's the cheapest.
    Compatible ink is normally fairly cheap. (Especially if you only use it every six years) (edited)
    Just buy OEM ink cartridge if you are not using it regularly.
    You could set the printer to print black and white and carry on printing for now.

cheapest Cyan OEM ink is £2.91 on ebay
    I suggest buying 1 set + extra 1 back ink. That cost £6.08
    I think you mean non-OEM
    If you have't used it for 6 years you've a problem and i wouldn't be splashing out on ink before doing nozzle checks because you'll be extremely lucky to get this working
    Wise advice. Test first, even buying a small amount of ink rather than bulk buying.
    If you intend on printing quite often I recommend the HP Instant Ink subscription.

I pay £3 a month for 50 pages and unused pages roll over to the next month. With this you could potentially print 50 maximum quality A4 photos if you wanted to and new ink is automatically ordered for you when you start to run out.

Many new HP printers come with a trial period too. My dad ordered one for under £40 the other day and had 6 months free.
    Epson not Epsom
    Author
    Thanks for the correction
    Have you done a nozzle check? If it hasn't been used for 6 years, then I'm surprised most the nozzles in the print head aren't blocked and in need of more drastic cleaning measures, like syringing.
    Author
    Thanks, i did not check the nozzle, i will do so, but the settings won't let me use any other features until the low ink cartridge is replaced first. Thanks for the pointer though, i should really know this, but just have not used it in a long time.
    This is the company i use, very reliable and had no issues
    ebay.co.uk/itm…jYg
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants