Laptop help

Posted 21st Mar 2023
Hi all ,
I have a laptop and don’t know the password to it and I can’t reset because I don’t have access to the email address linked to the account . Is there anyway I can reset the laptop or password?
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    tardytortoise
    Yes, there are things you can do, BUT you need to tell us whether there are any files or data on the laptop that you wish to access. Your answer will determine the approach to be taken. It would also help if you could state what operating system you are using. It would also help if you know whether you have a Microsoft account or not.
    Eddiestevens Author
    Thanks for your messages . I don’t want to access the files or data . I just want the laptop reset as I am selling it. There is a Microsoft account linked to the laptop but I no longer have access to it. Operations syestem is window 10.
    AndyRoyd
    Some machines provide BIOS-level tool to reset to factory default, where BIOS is accessible prior to the operating system.
    Your secret machine may or may not have this feature.
    Ferris
    I bought a Windows 10 PC that was still locked with a password. It took a matter of a few minutes to reset it. I used the method described above (Recovery settings).
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants